Captain America: Civil War (film)
This Work page is a stub. You can help All The Tropes by expanding it.
Captain America: Civil War is a sequel to both Captain America movies and the Avengers movies before it, released in May 2016. It is the 13th film released in the Marvel Cinematic Universe continuity, and it's the first film of its Phase 3. It is based on the Civil War limited series comics, though on a severely lesser level.
This page needs more trope entries. You can help this wiki by adding more entries or expanding current ones.
- Adapted Out: Magneto, even albeit he's the Maximoff twins' biological dad in the comics. Since at the time 20th Century Fox owns most things X-Men, including the term "mutant". Instead, both Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch had different background, MCU Dad and Mom died from a bombing, and their powers came from them being used as test subjects.
- The Cameo: Stan Lee is the FedEx mail man who shows up at Stark Manor to give Tony a package.
Stan:"Are you Tony Stank?"
- Contrived Coincidence: The Big Bad's plan needed several of these to work.
- Darker and Edgier: This movie is this for the entire franchise.
- Fan Service: In the helicopter scene of all places. Chris Evans even admitted that they shot that scene in such away that it showed off his biceps or in his own words ""bicep porn"".
- Manchurian Agent: It's revealed that certain codes can triggered the Winter Soldier to go in his killing spree. All these codes are in a book and one has to read them in front of him.
- Sequel Episode: To Captain America: The First Avenger, Captain America: The Winter Soldier, Avengers: Age of Ultron, and Ant-Man.
- The Stinger: In the post credit scene, after sharing some final words with Bucky, Captain America leaves him in Wakanda to be healed.
- Aunt May tends to her nephew, Peter, who was describing the fight with some "huge bullies". Once she leaves and closes the door, he admires the spidy-signal which is coming from his web shooters.
- Workout Fanservice: While Steve Rogers and Sam Wilson are jogging around Washington. Though when the camera goes up close we can see Steve's abs and biceps, despite wearing a shirt.