Proof that the remaining 10% is worth dying for here:
These are recommendations made by Tropers for Fusion Fall, all of which have been signed. After a few samples, you will be able to judge whether you might be interested in the 'fic, based on who recommended it. No-name recommendations will be Zapped (wiki). Nobody would back up the rec. Discussion of the recommendation is welcome on the discussion page. As such discussion is important, do remember to add the discussion page to the watchlist, if need be.
Authors, and Websites
Lightning Bird (author)
- Recommended by Aulish
- Pairings: Exclusively none. Lightning Bird writes only Gen Fic for Fusion Fall, and has stated she doesn't believe non-canon romances are necessary to enhance a fandom.
- Comments: Writes the best Gen Fic you can find. Her works might be set in Fusion Fall, but they also take a very in-depth, yet refreshing look at the shows involved, notably for Dexters Laboratory and Ben 10. In her Dexter-centric oneshots, she has also shown her work, making references to many scientific and mathematic laws. As a result, she is a wholly deserving Big Name Fan—many Fusion Fall users (including some who were exposed to it through her) have read and are influenced by her works. Plus, despite being busy, she makes a point to reply to every review and fan work she recieves. Well worth your time. Below are some of her notable works.
Stories focused on the family and the friendly relationships of the cast. Plot-focused stories or light day-in-the-life stories. Pretty much anything that isn't focused on romance.
Invisible Sun by Lightning Bird
- Recommended by Shumazau, koolkame
- Synopsis: Takes place before the events of the game, and details how Dexter managed to found Dexlabs in the first place.
- Comments: I had to sit back for a while and think how to describe this piece of fan fiction. The only thing I can say is, it's Powerpuff Girls Doujinshi done right. Everyone is in character, there's little to no romance forced down our throats, and the Tear Jerker scenes are heartwrenching. It's not like reading at all; in fact, it's more like watching a movie in words. Lightning Bird's other works are equally amazing and can stand alone, though it's best to read them in order. One of the things she's done that has me especially impressed is how she actually gave Alien Force-continuity Ben a very likeable personality. Even if you've never played the game or finished it twice over, her works are a refreshing and intriguing journey into the concept of Fusion Fall. TL;DR: Read it. Now.
- koolkame: No, read it yesterday. It is seriously that good as it deconstructs Dexter's situation in Dexters Laboratory and affirms the familial ties of Powerpuff Girls while providing excellent characterization. Also Shumazu is right about lightning bird's other Fusion Fall fics being worthwhile as well.
A Time for Heroes by lightning bird
- Recommended by koolkame
- Synopsis: A sequel to Invisible Sun where Professor Utonium tries to foster friendship between Ben Tennyson and an over-worked Dexter.
- Comments: A friendship fic between two different boys featuring lots of cameos by Cartoon Network characters including some not seen in the game (yet...) Ben's interactions with these characters are just as entertaining as his relationship with Dexter. Seriously, lightning bird has cornered the market on Fusion Fall fics.
- Hilarious in Hindsight: A startling majority of said unseen characters were released soon after the story was completed.
Stories focused on the romantic relationships between the cast.