Media are physical forms of communication, both in final form-factor and production. In this index, we usually refer to mass media: literature, television, animation, web videos, etc.
However, since this wiki and its predecessor were started, the entire media landscape has changed -- everything has digital distribution, and you can get everything on your smartphone. Which, to be honest, you probably use less for voice communications than browsing the 'Net these days.
The consequence of this is that All The Tropes, a medium really refers to a genre as much as a physical form.
- Comic Books refers to Sequential Art used to tell stories (and including Graphic Novels
- Comic Strips refer to short Sequential Art used for gags, though this overlaps with the above
- Video Games refers to all media which are primarily interactive, and are typically games. Other genres have limited interactivity.
- Television refers to serial audiovisual programs, usually made at least four at a time, and depicting live humans.
- Manga refers to Sequential Art from Japan that is frequently animated, becoming Anime
- Western Animation refers to serial animated programs made in Europe or the Americas.
- Film refers to longer audiovisual media, typically longer than 1½ hours. May be serial, but loosely so, or having its installments released to the public more than a month apart.
- Music refers to audio media, with the artistic arrangement of sound.
- Radio refers to audio media primarily using the spoken word. Probably includes Podcasts.
Tropes for particular media are common, and covered under Category:Tropes by Medium.
This category has the following 94 subcategories, out of 94 total.
- ► Derivative Works (10 C, 113 P)
- ► Hentai (120 P)
- ► Korean Series (59 P)
Pages in category "Media"
The following 18 pages are in this category, out of 18 total.