Catharsis is a webcomic about a young woman, her pet dragon, his squirrel buddy and a couple of baby Dust Bunnies. Oh, and Pirate Sock. Can't forget about Pirate Sock.
Catharsis was at http://www.catharsiscomic.com/. Current whereabouts unknown.
- Rremly, a dragon over 300 years old (a runt) who is visible as such only to people who believe in dragons.
- Gwen, the young woman who owns the apartment, and can sometimes alternate to a younger form named Tennibrook (inner child manifestation. Not admittedly magical; may be entirely imagined).
- Baxter: A sardonic, now bald squirrel. Has a bit of a love affair with Gwen's old SNES.
- Bitey: One of three dust-bunny baby translators that now live in the apartment, coming from the land under the chair; loves to bite Baxter. Other two rarely mentioned.
- Author Avatar
- Does Not Like Shoes: Tennibrook. In fact, "walking around barefoot" was actually listed as one of her likes on her profile page.
- Filler: Heartbreakingly massive amounts of it.
- I Call It Vera: The SNES, Vanessa.
- Intellectual Animal: Baxter
- A Dog To Normals: Rremly appears as a dog to people who don't believe in dragons, even when this would strain credulity like when he's flying (he appears as a flying dog).
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: Despite his prickly demeanor, Baxter can be quite nice.
- Our Dragons Are Different: In a subversion, dragons are usually giant flying, firebreathing monsters that sit on hoards of gold and are generally quite nasty. Rremly being a runt, is a bit bigger than a dog, can't really breathe fire, has a sock hoard and is extremely nice.
- Translator Microbes: The baby dust bunnies. Gwen does a Lampshade Hanging by mentioning fish instead.
- Weirdness Censor: The reason Rremly is seen as a dog to nonbelievers.