A 1987 science-fiction film, set in a sorta-postapocalyptic world, in which a yuppie businessman's sex robot/wife breaks down, and he hires a tough (female) tracker (Melanie Griffith) to drive him into the desert wasteland called "The Zone" to find her a replacement body. The film is pretty predictable and cheesy, but occasionally displays an offbeat sense of humor, especially with Tim Thomerson's villain Lester.
- Action Girl: E. Johnson.
- Affably Evil: Lester is the most laid-back Scavenger World war-lord ever.
- Be Yourself: Invoked by the villain.
- Desert Punk
- Every Car Is a Pinto: Subverted with a scene where a van is pushed off a tall cliff.
- Good Old Robot
- Heart Drive
- Road Trip Romance: That's technically a spoiler, but.. c'mon.
- Robotic Spouse
- Sex Bot
- Shallow Love Interest: A deliberate example; Cherry's AI is rather limited.
- Tomboy and Girly Girl
- Walk Into Mordor