Chrono Crusade/Fanfic Recs
Proof that the remaining 10% is worth dying for here.
These are recommendations made by Tropers for Chrono Crusade fanfics, all of which have to be signed to stay on the page. Feel free to add a fanfic of your own to the list, but remember to use the template found here.
You can also add to the current recommendations if you want. Refrain from posting Conversation in the Main Page though; that goes in the discussion page.
Authors and Websites
Stories focused on the family and the friendly relationships of the cast. Plot-focused stories or light day-in-the-life stories. Pretty much anything that isn't focused on romance.
Chronology by OtherCat1 (Some AU)
- Recommended by roflcopteriii
- Pairing(s): Chrono/Rosette in some stories, Shader/Fiore in one
- Synopsis: A collection of short stories and drabbles, some focused around pairings, but a wide mix of plots and genres are available. Several are AU, including a crossover with Firefly. Highlights of the stories include a study of Chrono's character from Sister Kate's perspective, a collection of poems (including a very creative jumping-rope rhyme), Aion attempting to go grocery shopping in a modern-day supermarket and musing on some parts of modern American culture, and a story about Chrono's reaction to the superstitions surrounding the number 13.
- Comments: Some of the stories are based around the author's other fanfic, which might mean you'll have to read her other work first or skip over a few of the stories, but they're all well worth the read. The stories are mostly character studies, playing around with the personalities and relationships of the cast. It's particularly good if you want something short to read when you have a little bit of time in-between things. Loyalty, is one of the best depictions of Chrono's relationship with Rosette that I've seen, and What Am I, An Errand Boy? is laugh-out-loud funny.
Comic Book Heroes by OtherCat1
- Recommended by Bright Blue Ink
- Pairing(s): Joshua/OC (although it's not heavily focused on)
- Synopsis: Set after the end of the anime, Comic Book Heroes explores Joshua eventually dealing with the mental scarring left after the events of the series by going to therapy to try to regain some of his lost memories, and founding a comic book company with a friend that later becomes as popular as Marvel or DC. Completely epistolatory—that is, a story told through letters, journal entries, and other documents.
- Comments: This fic is probably one of the best takes on Joshua after the ending of the anime, giving his arc a sense of closure and hope that was sadly missing in the series. Figuring out what bits of the series inspired the comic books he later goes on to create is a blast, and the style makes you really feel like you're learning about a comic book legend. The character's issues after the events are handled realistically, but the tone is more humorous than angsty. The OC created for the woman that eventually becomes Joshua's wife could be slightly more developed, but the glimpses we see are of a sweet girl, and she fits in well with the story and universe.
Stories focused on the romantic relationships between the cast.