Proof that the remaining 10% is worth dying for here:
These are recommendations made by Tropers for Fan Fics, all of which have been signed. After a few samples, you will be able to judge whether you might be interested in the 'fic, based on who recommended it. No-name recommendations will be Zapped (wiki). Nobody would back up the rec. Discussion of the recommendation is welcome on the discussion page. As such discussion is important, do remember to add the discussion page to the watchlist, if need be.
Authors, and Websites
Stories focused on the family and the friendly relationships of the cast. Plot-focused stories or light day-in-the-life stories. Pretty much anything that isn't focused on romance.
Chuck Versus the Burn Notice by timewalker05
- Recommended by Danel
- Synopsis: As a title indicates, a crossover between Chuck and Burn Notice. The set-up of Burn Notice is explained for those unfamiliar with the show. On a Ellie-forced vacation to Miami, Chuck flashes on a dangerous ex-spy apparently looking into the drugs trade. Before long, the teams of both shows have to work together to save the helpless... and then things really start to go wrong.
- Comments: Quite simply, one of the best Chuck fics there is, and from a newbie writer as well. The highlights are the friendships between the various characters, and the bonding that goes between the casts of the two shows. Features some elements of Chuck/Sarah, but it's about the same level that's in the show itself - not overpowering.
- The very first Chuck fanfic read by this Troper, who was so impressed he fired off a congratulatory e-mail to the author. Seriously, both of these shows need to seek this guy out and hire him, it was that good. Heartily recommended by welatshaw.
Los Angeles(The Angels) by timewalker05
- Recommended by Danel
- Synopsis: A short fic in which Chuck's secret guardian protects him from a Fulcrum assassin.
- Comments: Brief, but fun, with a clever ending. I can't really describe it more without spoiling it.
"Single Vacancy, Dual Occupancy" by Brokenheydar
- Recommended by Tabby
- Synopsis: "And you know, you didn't have to join me in here! There were two coffins." Chuck, Casey, and a mission gone wrong in a funeral home.
- Comments: Equal parts funny and sweet, with great character voices.
Stories focused on the romantic relationships between the cast.
made of steel, or something" by dress without sleeves
- Recommended by Rocket Happy
- Heartily seconded by Tabby
- Pairing(s): Chuck/Sarah, Chuck/Casey
- Synopsis: Casey and Sarah without Chuck. // In the moments where he bothers to like anybody, he likes Walker. She's in his top five favorite people, though, to be fair, he only actually likes seven and four of them are dead.
- Comments: Torn between putting this under Shipping or Gen, but decided on Shipping. Chuck is away for Spy School, and Casey and Sarah reflect on their respective feelings for him. As the author wonderfully puts it, they both know that "it's easy not to love him when he isn't here."
"that which is called madness" by dress without sleeves
- Recoommended by Tabby
- Pairings: One-sided Bryce/Chuck
- Synopsis: Five times that Bryce Larkin didn't do exactly what he wanted to. //"tajwIj 'oHbe' chorlIj jeqbogh Dochvetlhe'e," Bryce says through his grin. "And you leave my mother's forehead out of this."
- Comments: If you've always had the nagging suspicion that there was an element of unrequited love to Bryce and Chuck's relationship, this story will speak to you. If the thought had never occurred to you, this story might convince you. If you have no interest in the pairing, this story is some damn good prose and can be enjoyed on that merit alone.
- Recommended by millernumber1
- Synopsis: Chuck wakes up one morning to find he has mysteriously gotten what he's always wanted: a normal life. But is it all it's cracked up to be, or is he cracking up? Following the first fic, Chuck struggles to recover from his injuries while Sarah worries about her future with Team Bartowski.
- Pairing(s): Chuck/Sarah
- Comments: A fic which truly earns its romance. It does not take an easy way out, it does not turn Sarah into a weepy moron stricken down by wuv, and yet the emotions here are strong and delicate.