Jump to navigation Jump to search
Listed below are common Video Game Achievements templates.
By method of acquisition
If you want to add to the list, please make sure that your addition is generic enough to be found in games of different genres. Also, please avoid creating redundant entries.
- Completed chapter X of the single-player campaign (times chapters; most, if not all, of them secret)
- Completed the single-player campaign (times difficulty settings above Easy)
- Discovered a specific ending (times endings; all secret)
- Discovered the Golden Ending (secret)
- Discovered all endings
- Completed a major sidequest:
- Completed a Downloadable Content level
- Ditto on Harder Than Hard difficulty
- Completed a specific level or the entire game with an additional challenge (No Damage Run, Pacifist Run, Stealth Run, etc.)
- Killed the particularly tough obligatory boss (secret)
- Killed a Bonus Boss (times bonus bosses; possibly secret)
- Ditto on Harder Than Hard difficulty (secret)
- Won the seemingly Hopeless Boss Fight (secret)
- Killed N mooks of specific type (times types)
- Killed N mooks with a specific weapon (times weapons, though usually limited to the Emergency Weapon and Too Awesome to Use weaponry)
- Killed N mooks in a specific way (headshot, environment damage, etc.)
- Killed a specific enemy in a specific contrived way (secret)
- Visited all locations with a specific theme to them
- Visited every location in the game
- Used each weapon/vehicle/magic/etc. in the game
- Earned the highest rank in every ranked challenge
- Gathered N generic collectable items ("stars", "gems", etc.)
- Increase N by a factor of 10 and repeat until the total number of collectables in the game is reached
- Discovered a piece of Unlockable Content
- Discovered all hidden Unlockable Content
- Attained 100% Completion
- Earned every other achievement
- Joined a multiplayer game session
- Won N multiplayer matches of specific type (times multiplayer modes)
- Repeat any number of times, increasing N by a factor of 10 every time
- Played a specific multiplayer mode for N hours (times multiplayer modes)
- Scored N hundred kills online (repeat up to an arbitrary N)
- "1.21 Gigawatts": For doing something with electricity
- "Master Whatever": For earning every other achievement
- A 2009 Giant Bomb Podcast listed the most common achievements names at the time:
- "Treasure Hunter"
- "Winning Streak"
- "Team Player"
- "Death From Above"
- "Collateral Damage"
- "Pack Rat"