Jump to navigation Jump to search
Listed below are common Video Game Achievements templates.
By method of acquisition
- Completed chapter X of the single-player campaign (times chapters; most, if not all, of them secret)
- Completed the single-player campaign (times difficulty settings above Easy)
- Discovered a specific ending (times endings; all secret)
- Discovered the Golden Ending (secret)
- Discovered all endings
- Completed a major sidequest:
- Completed a Downloadable Content level
- Ditto on Harder Than Hard difficulty
- Completed a specific level or the entire game with an additional challenge (No Damage Run, Pacifist Run, Stealth Run, etc.)
- Killed the particularly tough obligatory boss (secret)
- Killed a Bonus Boss (times bonus bosses; possibly secret)
- Ditto on Harder Than Hard difficulty (secret)
- Won the seemingly Hopeless Boss Fight (secret)
- Killed N mooks of specific type (times types)
- Killed N mooks with a specific weapon (times weapons, though usually limited to the Emergency Weapon and Too Awesome to Use weaponry)
- Killed N mooks in a specific way (headshot, environment damage, etc.)
- Killed a specific enemy in a specific contrived way (secret)
- Visited all locations with a specific theme to them
- Visited every location in the game
- Used each weapon/vehicle/magic/etc. in the game
- Earned the highest rank in every ranked challenge
- Gathered N generic collectable items ("stars", "gems", etc.)
- Increase N by a factor of 10 and repeat until the total number of collectables in the game is reached
- Discovered a piece of Unlockable Content
- Discovered all hidden Unlockable Content
- Attained 100% Completion
- Earned every other achievement
- Joined a multiplayer game session
- Won N multiplayer matches of specific type (times multiplayer modes)
- Repeat any number of times, increasing N by a factor of 10 every time
- Played a specific multiplayer mode for N hours (times multiplayer modes)
- Scored N hundred kills online (repeat up to an arbitrary N)
- "1.21 Gigawatts": For doing something with electricity
- "Master Whatever": For earning every other achievement
- A 2009 Giant Bomb Podcast listed the most common achievements names at the time:
- "Treasure Hunter"
- "Winning Streak"
- "Team Player"
- "Death From Above"
- "Collateral Damage"
- "Pack Rat"