Proof that the remaining 10% is worth dying for here.
These are recommendations made by Tropers for Cowboy Bebop fanfics, all of which have to be signed to stay on the page. Feel free to add a fanfic of your own to the list, but remember to use the template found here.
You can also add to the current recommendations if you want. Refrain from posting Conversation in the Main Page though; that goes in the discussion page.
- Complete: Exactly What It Says on the Tin.
- Ongoing: The fic is being updated on a regular basis, or has received an update after a significant absence.
- Dormant: The fic has not been updated in a fairly long time (several months to a year or more) but the author has not pronounced it dead.
- Dead: The fic has not been updated in several years, or the author has specifically said that it will not be updated.
Note: Fics listed as Dormant or Dead will be changed to Ongoing if/when they receive updates. If you see a rec with a blank status, and you're familiar with the fanfic, please add the correct status.
Authors and Websites
- Recommended by Black Charizard
- Everything done by Agent Orange is constructed from pure high-density win. I recommend starting off with Freaks Flock Together; it has the perfect balance of touching moments, character development, Bebop style, snarky humour, and musical references. AO can be found on fanfiction.net as well.
- AO has a bit of a problem with said bookisms, but the rest of the writing is so awesome you won't care.
Anything by "scottishvalkyrie"
- Recommended by Bryalba
- A wonderful blend of dialog, humor and plot. I can't recommend her work enough.
- Although most of her stories imply or ship a Spike/Ed it strangely works and is beautifully done.
- I highly recommend Howlin' at the moon. A tearjerker that blends Plague Dogs, House, and Cowboy Bebop in a wonderful stew of awesomeness.
Anything by metgear5
- Recommended by eagle108
- Two completed crossovers at the moment. While setting apart scenes could've been done better with some line breaks, metgear5 is practically a genius on the first crossover that features the Bebop crew dealing with a Predator, where the action and explanations happen quite realistically (or as realistic in-universe for the Bebop setting). The second crossover immediately follows after the Bebop crew handle the Predator, this time it's them and two ISSP cops with very familiar names versus a certain highly-advanced AI gone bonkers with its nigh-indestructible robots. The third fic continues with the Bebop crew versus Skynet, this time following details from the second Terminator movie, and uses some features relating to Half-Life, but at the moment it's dormant.
Stories focused on the family and the friendly relationships of the cast. Plot-focused stories or light day-in-the-life stories. Pretty much anything that isn't focused on romance.
Circular Motion by dawnsama
- Recommended by Tantopat
- Status: Complete
- Synopsis: Ed needs some exercise, so she does.
Legend of a Cowgirl by Shok Xone Studios
- Recommended by Lady Iapetus
- Status: Complete
- Synopsis: Seven years postBebop...Edward is all grown up, and she's on a mission of vengeance! But can a rogue hacker alone take down a ruthless murderer?
- A must-read for any and all fans of Radical Edward.
- Recommended by Dont Kill Bugs
- Status: Complete- Oneshot
- Synopsis: She tires of the desert. And when Ed tires of something, she leaves.
- A short but sweet fic where Ed begins to miss the crew of the Bebop.
Stories focused on the romantic relationships between the cast.
Karma by disposeablehero
- Recommended by katsume34
- Pairings: Spike/Faye
- Synopsis: Bounty heads, Ganymede lobsters, Wild Turkey, diamonds, revelations and caterwauling. Just two weeks on the Bebop.
- Additional info: Set after tRFB.
Left Eye by bebop-aria
- Recommended by katsume34
- Pairings: Spike/Julia/Vicious
- Warnings: Rated for language, violence, drug use and sexual content.
- Synopsis: Brotherhood. Violence. Politics. Sex. Revenge. Love. Betrayal. Jazz. Spike, Julia and Vicious' lives before 2068, assembled from the photo album of still images in the series.
- Recommended by... whoever created the TVTropes page for the fanfic
- Synopsis: "In the summer of 2071, Spike found a tenshi-chi in the form of a Chibi hanging from an oak tree. As it turns out, Sakura, the tenshi-chi, has a secret to her. She has no memory of past or know about her home. But, she is looking for someone. Sakura doesn't know who she is looking for. But the tenshi-chi remembers one thing: Amadeus. Oddly, Spike develops feelings for Sakura. He want to make her his but he can't for some reason. As the hunt for Amadeus goes on, Spike soon learns that the tight secret about Sakura lies deep in her heart and soul. He also moves to protect her from the demons of hell after Sakura to leer Amadeus out. But who is Amadeus?"
- Notes: While the series is stated to take place in the 'Cowboy Bebop universe, it has a noticeable Shoujo feel to it and borrows elements heavily from CLAMP's works, most notably Wish and Chobits.
- Back to Cowboy Bebop
- which can mean anything from a few days to a few months