This Work page is a stub. You can help All The Tropes by expanding it.
The DC Extended Universe or DCEU is a film franchise and combined setting based on characters from DC Comics, distributed by Warner Bros. Pictures. It began in 2013 with Man of Steel, a different take on Superman directed by Zack Snyder.
- Man of Steel (2013)
- Batman v. Superman: Dawn of Justice (2016)
- Suicide Squad (2016)
- Wonder Woman (2017)
- Justice League (2017)
- Zack Snyder's Justice League (2021)
- Aquaman (2018)
- Shazam! (2019)
- Birds of Prey (2020)
- Wonder Woman 1984 (2020)
- The Suicide Squad (2021)
- Black Adam (2022)
- The Flash (2022)
- Shazam! Fury of the Gods (2023)
- Aquaman and the Lost Kingdom (2023)
Tropes present across the various movies:
This page needs more trope entries. You can help this wiki by adding more entries or expanding current ones.
- Darker and Edgier: The DCEU films (particularly the Snyderverse) are less colorful and more brooding than Marvel's films. Even when its pallette was been brightened and the themes had become more optimistic in more recent films (specially those without Snyder's influence) the underlying broodingness remains.
- Not Quite Flight: Wonder Woman can "jump really high and practically fly," according to Gal Gadot.