Death Comes to Town
A Kids in The Hall miniseries. Lasted from January to March, 2010. A total of 8 episodes.
The Other Wiki has a page on it:
- Afterlife Express: The bus.
- Bad Liar: This bit between news anchorwoman Corrinda Gablechuck (played by Mark) and a policeman (played by Bruce):
Mark: Officer, tell us about the leads in this case. What's developing?
- The Cameo: The Kids in The Hall regular characters Chicken Lady and Paul Bellini.
- Cloudcuckoolander: Everyone, especially Rampop.
- Death Takes a Holiday: A major plot point is that on Death's previous visit to Shuckton, he slept in and missed Ricky's abortion. When he returns to Shuckton, Death hopes Ricky will die, even if he has to do the job himself.
- Eccentric Townsfolk
- Good Girls Avoid Abortion: Averted.
- The Grim Reaper: Mark McKinney's Death, from Death Comes to Town, is a humorous-yet-effectively-terrifying (at least until the end) version.
- I Have Boobs - You Must Obey! - Subverted, one night while shopping for liquor Marilyn Bowman (played by Dave Foley) finds she's left the house without her purse, and offers to make up for it by showing the checkout clerk "these beauties," and she does -- prompting the clerk to beg her to put them back in hiding.
- Lady Drunk: Marilyn Bowman, the mayor's wife in Death Comes to Town, to the point where a breathalyzer is installed in her car as part of the ignition.
Marilyn: I gotta go, I can... hear the blender crying...
- Loads and Loads of Roles
- Never One Murder
- Non-Answer: Dusty did not complete the autopsy on the mayor, so when he is asked how the mayor died, Dusty gives a generic answer on what happens to a body when it dies.
- Quirky Town: Shuckton
- Reality Subtext: Scott Thompson was undergoing chemo for stage one non-Hodgkin lymphoma during production. Dusty's baldness was really his own, and he only portrayed a few characters to keep his work load from getting too heavy. Also, two of them die. He's fine now.
- Refuge in Audacity
- Wham! Episode: The last two episodes.
- Wonder Child: Rampop, the
retardedspecial adopted son of Larry and Marilyn Bowman. He's the only one in the Bowman household who knows which of the 13 remotes works on the TV, he sees butterflies in place of people and people in place of butterflies, and he's the only one who can see Death in his true form.