Technology that heavily involves music, usually either activating things, or somehow being a power source.
This cannot be music for puzzle solving, or things like that. It has to be technology using music.
Name is a pun on the term "discotheque".
Magic Music is the magic counterpart to this trope.
If the music is used as a weapon, you're looking for Musical Assassin.
- Senki Zesshou Symphogear features ancient power armours that run on "phonic energy", also known as singing.
- Major Domo in Captain EO.
- Duran Duran's "Orgasmic Organ" in the Barbarella movie.
- Willy Wonka has a door with a musical lock, opened by a piece by Rachmaninoff.
- Masters of the Universe has the Cosmic Key, a device that is capable to open portals the destination of which depends on the notes that are played on it.
- The Star Trek: The Original Series episode "The Paradise Syndrome" features a potentially world-destroying asteroid held at bay by a repulsive field that is controlled through the use of music.
- The lost city of Tinnabula from the two-part Tale Spin episode "For Whom the Bell Klangs".
- A Disney Silly Symphonies short "Music Land" involved a war between anthropomorphic violins and horns, playing their music as weapons.
- There's an episode of Batman the Animated Series which involves playing the beginning of "Ode To Joy" to unlock the secret room.
- The girl's voice in Rock and Rule was significant to help Mok with his summoning spell.