Disney Animated Canon/Fanfic Recs
Proof that the remaining 10% is worth dying for here:
These are recommendations made by Tropers for Disney Animated Canon Fan Fics, all of which have to be signed to stay on the page. Feel free to add a fanfic of your own to the list, but remember to use the template found here.
You can also add to the current recommendations if you want. You can do it by leaving a review or by adding your name to the recs line. Refrain from posting Conversation in the Main Page though; that goes in the discussion page.
Authors and Websites
- Recommended by Macgyver644200
- Symphosis: A series of stories set after the conclusion of the movie, giving a brief overview of what happens next.
- Pairings: BoltXMittens (only a little in Claws and Half of Your Adult Life)
- The author touches on a variety of topics that the movie didn't fully resolve (Bolt adjusting to normal life, what happens to the show, etc) and does it very well, with a bunch of original ideas thrown in as well. The characters stick to their canon personalities and the author's very good at keeping the story interesting all throughout. Humor, action, and heartwarming moments galore, I was never bored with the stories and was sad to see that the author had stopped writing Bolt fanfics. Give it a whirl.
Stories focused on the family and the friendly relationships of the cast. Plot-focused stories or light day-in-the-life stories. Pretty much anything that isn't focused on romance.
“The Traitor’s Child” by Bluemoonriver
- Recommended by Autumn
- Synopsis: Our favorite characters and a few newcomers navigate intrigue and war sixteen years before the Disney film, revealing the source of Frollo’s doom, Clopin’s rise to power, Phoebus’ fame, and Quasimodo’s resilience.
- Recommended by Rookiez78
- Synopsis: "Fairytales, across different times and places."
- Recommended by Ptitletlypxope
- Synopsis: The Disney Princesses regularly meet with each other, their love interests regularly meet each other as well, much parody ensues
Normality by General Zoi
- Recommended by Andyroid
- Synopsis: A teenaged Myrtle finds she's drifted apart from her Girl Posse, and ends up turning to an unlikely source of companionship: her long-time punching bag Lilo Pelekai.
The Hellbound Hearts by Da Games Elite
- Recommended by Patworx
- Synopsis: "Jafar rises from the grave as he's summoned by Ursula to a meeting of the fallen villains. Can these villains be united under one leader, or will their selfish goals, differing philosophies, and all around hatred for one another ruin them all?"
Hachin by Eduard Kassel
- Recommended by Edokage
- Synopsis: Mulan is taken prisoner by the Hun survivors after being left on the mountain and is forced to follow them out of China as they retreat back home.
- Recommended by Munchable
- Synopsis: When a dark power begins to move against the Disney Multiverse, its inhabitants must discover the truth of what they truly are and where they fit in the vast scheme of existence. First book of a planned series. (Atlantis: The Last Empire and The Hunchback of Notre Dame current worlds. IN PROGRESS.)
- Comments: This is a very professionally written, masterful work. It should be read by more people, and I recommend it to all.
A Cure To Adella by Furor Scribendi
- Recommended by fruitstripegum
- Synopsis: Adella, Ariel's sister, is in need of a cure to her malady and Ariel finds an herbalist who can help. But this herbalist has a dark secret that could spell trouble for them all...
The Turning Point by Serena Inverse
- Recommended by fruitstripegum
- Synopsis: Malcho finally escapes from his volcanic prison, but before he has a chance to exact his revenge on Agrabah, fate intervenes and he finds himself befriended to a most unlikely companion. Just how much can one meeting change a person?
Stories focused on the romantic relationships between the cast.
- Recommended by readingtheshow
- Pairing: Mulan x Shang
- Synopsis: Mulan is an honored guest at a celebration, but she still needs a little family help to see it through. Her dress is deadly, the cricket gets loose, and she's framed for a crime she didn't commit. I think it's going well, don't you?