Dethroning Moment of Suck (Darth Wiki)/Anime and Manga/Dragon Ball
< Dethroning Moment of Suck (Darth Wiki) | Anime and Manga(Redirected from Dragon Ball/Dethroning Moment of Suck)Jump to navigation Jump to search
With this series being a Long Runner, this was only to be expected before fans wish that these moments would be sent to the other dimension.
Keep in mind:
- Moments only, no "just everything he said, " "The entire show, " or "This entire season, " entries.
- No contesting entries. This is subjective, the entry is their opinion.
- No natter. As above, anything contesting an entry will be cut, and anything that's just contributing more can be made its own entry.
- Explain why it's a Dethroning Moment Of Suck.
- No Real Life examples, including Executive Meddling. That is just asking for trouble.
- No ASSCAPS, no bold, and no italics unless it's the title of a work. We are not yelling the DMoSs out loud.
- The treatment of Yamcha in Dragon Ball Z is downright sickening. Despite being Goku’s very first rival and one of his oldest and most loyal friends, he gets unceremoniously killed by a Mook during the fight against the Saiyans. It gets worse. After he comes back to life, his role and girlfriend, whom he had known for years, get suddenly taken by a sociopath with a tendency for causing more trouble than he solves. In the end, he gets reduced to a talking piece of background.
- Whats even worse is that none of his friends seem to care at all that Yamcha lost the girl he had been love with for 15 years (and heavily implied to have been planning to marry). They even cracked cruel jokes at his expense. Some friends they are, what ever happened to True Companions?
- Honestly, the general treatment of the entire supporting cast, left a lot to be desired. Yamcha, Krillin, Master Roshi, and Tien start off as powerful fighters, but eventually fall by the wayside and become useless as more saiyans are introduced. Piccolo and Gohan eventually get Demoted to Extra in the Buu saga. Loads of supporting characters like Oolong, Launch, and the Ox King are basically forgotten. Memorable villains such as Raditz, Nappa, the Ginyu Force, and even Frieza (after his defeat on Namek) had loads of potential, but most of them got curbstomped by the saiyans before they got to realize any of it. Many of them aren't even mentioned ever again afterwards. Everyone in that series except Goku eventually gets killed off, fodderized, forgotten, or turned into a jobber. Goku is awesome and everything, but there were other characters.
- Dragon Ball Kai episode 17 took Chi-Chi's Mama Bear attitude to the point where I really wanted to smack her (This is the dub I'm talking about so I'm not sure if it's the same in the original). Seriously, I know you're concerned for Gohan and all, but could you at least show an ounce of concern for your husband (who was in even worse shape) and pretend that you actually give a care? But what really drove me to want to punch her was when the other characters called her out on her lack of concern about her husband (who, by the way, just came back to life), she pretty much said that she has No Sympathy for him because he put Gohan in danger, never mind that it was Piccolo who put him in the position in the first place. Maybe Goku should've married Bulma instead. At least she gave a damn about him nearly losing his life, which is more than I can say about his so-called wife!
- Given that Kai is an abridged remake of Z (not in the usual comic sense, don't get me wrong), I haven't gotten so far into Kai but have watched that part in Z, I agree that yeah, Chi-Chi's a fine brand of My Beloved Smother, and that's what made me hate her so much. But, for me, the worst part is her general attitude in filler episodes. I mean c'mon, assembling a "backup team" of sorts to go to Namek just to get Gohan out of harm's way? Gimme a fucking break!
- The sad part of that scene is that it was ALSO in the manga as well, including completly ignoring Goku when they come to get the gang after the Vegeta fight! If I recall in the manga, Yajirobe asks Chi-Chi why she isn't concerned about Goku's health and when she blames Goku for what happened to Gohan, Yajirobe asks (according to the English manga translation) if he could hit Chi-Chi. And people wonder why some fans hate Chi-Chi's guts.
- In the final episode of the Cell Games saga, Hercule takes all the credit for killing Cell, which everyone main/supporting character is ok with. Goku died to help kill Cell and this is how they repay him? At least a scrap of acknowledgement would be nice.
- Justified as the Z-Fighters don't really care for the fame anyway.