Proof that the remaining 10% is worth dying for here. These are recommendations made by Tropers for Dragon Fable fanfics, all of which have to be signed to stay on the page. Feel free to add a fanfic of your own to the list, but remember to use the template found here. You can also add to the current recommendations if you want. Refrain from posting Conversation in the Main Page though; that goes in the discussion page.
Stories focused on the family and the friendly relationships of the cast. Plot-focused stories or light day-in-the-life stories. Pretty much anything that isn't focused on romance.
Sneevil Plus Storage by Kelar the Mage
- Recommended by Cannibalistic Skittles
- Synopsis: "Short and silly oneshot featuring a sneevil who got into a storage center thanks to a strange spell. That mage didn't realise what he'd done."
- Status: Complete.
- Notes: While not exactly a 40 chapter epic, this story is fairly funny, cute, and plausible within the Dragon Fable universe.
Original Characters Fics
Any fanfics which are based on Original Characters including the main in-game cast. May include player-created characters
A Rouge's Tale by Blade100
- Recommended by Sabrina Diamond
- Genre: Humour, Fantasy and Drama
- Synopsis: A 'Dragon' Rogue named 'Alexander' learns that he is to master the 'elements' and is destined to lead his team of six (plus a pink Moglin, ninja and pirate) against Sepulchre. His egg soon hatches and now they battled against 'the Reset' of time which they cannot understand.
- Status: Incomplete so far, with only 17 chapters.
- Additional Notes: Blade100 is 'resting' for now, but he may make it not a Dead Fic one day... Any similarities to Storm Hawks is not intended as this fanfic was written before. The plot doesn't really kick off until chapter 5. This fanfic was so popular it had a couple of Spin-Off stories and even some Dark Fic. Some authors even made Recursive Fanfiction...
Downward Spiral by G.I.G.A.
- Recommended by Your Former Self
- Genre: Horror and suspense
- Synopsis: A mercenary from the town of Piore is getting increasingly bad headaches after joining an expedition to an underwater city and meeting with a strange creature.
- Additional Notes: I quest to find good fanfics like this almost every day, and usually come away disappointed. This, however, is one of the better prizes I've found. Takes cues from the Water chain and stirs it up into something /really/ eerie. It's a shame it hasn't more readers, really. The writer has also made a sequel, called Elemental Entropy.
- "You cannot resist..."