- Fangirl: Of Alena, whose enthusiasm she finds infectious.
- Hot-Blooded: VERY. To the point of being very reckless.
The King of Arba.
- Badass: His Establishing Character Moment is him joining you on the field of battle instead of sitting back and letting you defend him.
- Royals Who Actually Do Something: His badass credentials are based on the idea that being of the nobility means you can crack skulls really well, not to mention he makes it quite clear he's willing to die defending his people.
- Large Ham: His default voice volume is "booming" for practically every word.
- The Good King: He puts the lives of his people on the same level as the most precious of gold and gems, and even makes a point of defending a man who was imprisoned for voyeurism in his dungeons from death by the monsters, citing even his most depraved subjects as still worthy of not having their lives unlawfully taken.
- Violent Glaswegian: Has a very fiery Scottish accent.
One of the best "Ingeneers" of Arba.
- Fighting Irish: Has a noticeable Irish lilt to her voice.
- The Tease: Flirts with Luceus a few times, but mostly just to get a reaction from it.
- Troll: Loves to get reactions from easily annoyed people, though it's generally not malicious.
- Well Done Daughter Girl: Even though she left her village despite it's customs, she would still like to return and make her grandmother proud of her.
- Badass Princess: Just like in her source game, which still worries Kiryl to no end.
- Funny Foreigner: A slightly goofy sounding Russian accent just makes her odd turns of phrase even funnier.
- Malaproper: Her speech is a bit peppered with some odds turns of phrase, like "Inward to combat!". Doubles a subtle yet clever Continuity Nod, as she was still being tutored in her own game prior to being an adventurer.
- Royals Who Actually Do Something: Like Doric, her idea of being a noble is being able to crack the heads of anyone who would hurt the weak.
- Blade on a Stick: He does mention he can use swords, but has since gravitated more towards using spears as his primary weapons.
- Cannot Spit It Out: To Alena, a Running Gag from his own game.
- Only Sane Man: He and Luceus bond over this, as they both have to be this for a Hot-Blooded woman who would go full Leeroy Jenkins if someone wasn't being responsible for them.
- Funny Foreigner: His Russian accent causes him to have a slightly archaic sounding speech pattern.
- Religious Bruiser: He still wears his priest outfit, cites his faith more than once, and his skill set is based on support spells.
- Belly Dancer: Her job. Complete with dancer outfit.
- Dance Battler: Her attacks are very dancing oriented.
- Gold Digger: Maya is a bit obsessed with getting treasure, but long term, she is willing to do the right thing without it.
- Improbable Weapon User: Fans. Some do look sturdy enough to be useful as bladed weapons with blunt sides, but somehow she manages to dish out pain even with feathered fans.
- Roma: Of Indian descent and with a French accent, but she otherwise has trope nailed down pat.
Unlike the other characters from other worlds, his reasons for being in this world are bit more self serving and personal. As the undisputed leader of monsters in his own world (as this game assumes the Golden Ending of DQIV is canon), he views how the monsters have had the wills taken from them in the Heroes world a personal insult and wants to free them from their brainwashing.
- A Father to His Men: His whole motivation is his great offense to what the Big Bad has done to the monsters of the Heroes world. Doesn't mean he won;t fight said monsters for reasons of self defense, but his sole goal is to liberate them from the mind control placed over them.
- Bonus Boss: You are never required to do the quest to recruit him.
- Continuity Nod: He's got several wrapped up in his design.
- His appearance is based on his remake versions.
- When you have to prove your worth to him, he's got two Roseguardians for support, much like those he had guarding Rosa.
- He mentions his own encounter with elves in his own world, especially since his girlfriend Rosa was one.
- His Limit Break is temporarily assuming his Final Boss form from his own game.
- Token Evil Teammate: Well,he is his reformed self from DQIV, but he still retains his distrust of humanity, and he's more focused on freeing the monsters than worrying about the interests of humanity in the Heroes world. However, he's not opposed to working with them to take out their mutual foes, and while not the nicest teammember, he does keep his word to join you after proving your worth.