Proof that the remaining 10% is worth dying for.
These are recommendations made by Tropers for Dungeons & Dragons (animation) Fanfics, all of which have been signed. After a few samples, you will be able to judge whether you might be interested in a certain 'fic, based on who recommended it. Authors of fics are not permitted to recommend their own fics; an author shilling his own work via a recommendation he wrote himself lacks the independent point of view which gives a recommendation any value at all; it is also a level of self-promotion that we do not permit at All The Tropes.
Feel free to add a recommendation of your own to the list, but remember to use the template found below. Make sure you sign your recommendation! No-name recommendations may be deleted at other tropers' leisure. Do warn when a fanfic includes sexual situations. Some people just don't like it, and as we all know, Shipping is Serious Business. Likewise, warn if it may head into non-canon territory.
Discussion of the recommendation is welcome on the discussion page. As such discussion is important, do remember to add the discussion page to the watchlist, if need be.
- Recommended by: Troper Name
- Synopsis: What's the story about? Give here a brief summary of the plot. It would be also useful to point out in what moment of the series the story takes place. If it's a Gen Fic but it has some romantic elements, note here the characters involved too.
- Pairing(s): If it's a Shipping Fic, list here the pairings that feature in the fic (warn here if it's het, male slash or female slash). If it's a Gen Fic, remove this line. To tell the difference between the two, notice if the focus of the fic is on a romantic relationship or if it focuses on the other aspects of the story. In case of doubt, classify the story according to the genres it's been tagged: the Romance tag for Shipping, absence of that tag for Gen Fic.
- Tags: If any are known. This would be things like WAFF, Lemon, Dark Fic, Slash Fic, any Trigger Warnings, etc. This is also where you would put character names with Characterization Tags if doing so would be equally indicative. ("uber!Harry" for Harry Potter, for instance.)
- Comments: If you want to say something more about why you're recommending the fic, but please, keep it brief. We don't want Conversation in the Main Page.
Authors and Websites
Stories which primarily focus on the normal goings on of the cast.
The Good Life by Evidence
- Recommended by: Looney Toons
- Synopsis: He thought he'd be overjoyed to be home, but to Eric the (former) Cavalier the "real world" feels wrong. He feels wrong. And in the three years they were in the Realm, he's outgrown his old friends, his old school -- so he reaches out to the only people who could possibly understand what he's going through, and learns that no, he's not alone. But why hasn't anyone seen or heard from Hank?
- Comments: The first fanfic I've encountered for the 1980s D&D cartoon, this is a surprisingly deep character study for its length, all the more so for its focus on probably the shallowest of the show's protagonists, Eric. The happy ending isn't entirely happy -- but neither is it unhappy. It is what you make of it. Well worth the read.
Stories which crossover with other characters or works.
Stories whose primary focus is on romantic or sexual relationships between the cast.
- Back to Dungeons & Dragons (animation)
- please note this includes all sexual activity, not just homosexual or bisexual, including het.
- Reminder - if you want to recommend the fic but not write a review, add your Troper name to this line after the original name