Far Cry 2/YMMV
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Accidental Innuendo: "I'll need to hold your equipment, bro."
- Demonic Spiders: Mortar operators in Act 2.
- Fanon: Probably the most common attempt to tie the two games together is to claim The Jackal is actually Jack Carver. It doesn't really work out since The Jackal is able to say words without adding "daaaaaar" to the front of them.
- Goddamned Bats:
- The enemy jeeps spawned at checkpoints are relentless and fighting them quickly gets tedious.
- Hell, the checkpoints themselves.
- Good Bad Bugs:
- It's rather amusing watching a bison walk head-first into an open car door and spontaneously drop dead.
- If you crouch into a shallow part of a lake and slowly lose health, using the Heal Thyself button produces amusing results, such as your character setting a broken arm in three places to pulling rebar out of his torso. Observe!
- Older Than They Think: The "revolutionary" Wide Open Sandbox gameworld of Far Cry 2 was actually done a couple years earlier in Boiling Point: Road to Hell, a revolutionary game done in by a buggy pre-patch release and its non-big-name publisher/developer and their lack of publicity. There's also STALKER: Shadow of Chernobyl.
- Porting Disaster: The PC version started out locked to the same "fake" widescreen mode as the console versions (ie, cutting the top and bottom off a 4:3 image to make a 16:10 image instead of extending the field of view left and right). This was eventually patched due to complaints that players with multiple monitors were dealing with a field of view so vertically compressed they couldn't see anything.
- Scrappy Mechanic: The Malaria mechanic forces the player to occasionally undertake a Fetch Quest to get pills. Also, the respawning checkpoints.
- Tear Jerker: "You are terminal... same as I am". Also, the ending, though it might also count as Heartwarming Moments.
- Back to Far Cry 2