Fedora of Asskicking
Jump to navigation Jump to search
In some of the adventure Film Serials, the fedora would be worn by the hero. When Indiana Jones came along, it solidified the hat as a sign of the adventurer (at least to modern audiences). It can also become an Iconic Item.
Examples of Fedora of Asskicking include:
Anime And Manga
- Fred C Dobbs in The Treasure of the Sierra Madre
- Also Sam Spade in The Maltese Falcon.
- Humphrey Bogart in most of his screen roles, actually.
- David Jones (Alan Ladd) in the 1943 film China.
- Indiana Jones in all his films. Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade even begins with how he got it.
- Harry Steele (Charlton Heston) in 1954's Secret of the Incas.
- Firo from Baccano! wears a classy green fedora, and is an expert in unarmed combat and knife fighting.
- Although Linkara of Atop the Fourth Wall didn't start out as an action hero, the plotlines eventually made him one.