Fern Game Series
Jump to navigation Jump to search
There are currently 5 games in this series:
- Fern: Splapp Eliminator - Splapp-Me-Do, Yeah, the guy who made The Impossible Quiz Series, has ripped off Mikey's friend Banglaboy's ideas! Go stop Splapp! But it turns out to be Sidious from Star Wars
- Fern: Splapp Eliminator 2 - Splapp Who was only disguised as Sidious in the first game. has returned! Stop Him... Again.
- Fern: Eirian no Kogeki!! - An alien called Skahahut has arrived to take over the world, and has brainwashed Fern's Friends! It was Splapp all along
- Fern: Shijo Saiko no Batoru!! - An Evil mastermind called Mr.XXX Is taking over the world! Stop him! By the way, it's Splapp in disguise.
- Fern: Splapp no Owari - Splapp is a good guy in this one. Then Bright Heart Raccoon comes along and steals Splapp and Banglaboy96's plans for a Button Game Series and The Impossible Quiz cross-over! Guess what, Splapp was controlling Bright Heart.
- Fern: The Finale!! is currently in development. Proof: http://mikeys9607.newgrounds.com/news/post/696420
Tropes used in Fern Game Series include:
- Console Cameo: The third and fifth games have PCs in the background of Banglaboy's room.
- Cut and Paste Environments: Seen a lot in the games, sometimes not even from the author's own work.
- Loading Screen: All of the games have a preloader.
- Multi Platform: Technically if you connect a keyboard to an Android tablet you CAN play the games as long as you have Flash.
- Scripted Event: More evident in the Fourth and Fifth game, where when you beat all the selectable bosses, you go to a fortress like the Mega Man series.
- Soft Reset: The replay buttons when you die.
- Vector Game: While some parts of the games have a pixelly feel, it's all made in Flash, which uses vector graphics.
- Check Point
- Endgame Plus: The first two games had an Extras feature after you beat the game.
- Hit Points
- Villains Out Shopping: Splapp is coming back from doing his groceries when you get to his base in the second game.
- Hide Your Children: Inverted, Banglaboy gets his head blown off in the fifth game, and got better and he's still a minor. A lot of boss battles are with characters who are children/minors in their respective games/shows.
- Saving the World: In all the games you have to do this.
- Visible Silence: The ending to the fifth game has Fern saying this.
- Save Point: These happen automatically in the third and fourth game, but the fifth has one Justified Save Point but it really doesn't matter as your data is saved later on automatically.
- One-Man Army: Fern is the only character you play as in the first four games.
- Player Character: Fern from Arthur kicking a British Flash developer's ass. Twice. Five times
- Protagonist Without a Past: It's never explained how Fern got from Elwood City to God knows where this game is set.
- Wild Man: Splapp. Taken Up to Eleven in the fifth game with the final boss.
- Voice with an Internet Connection: Banglaboy talks to you in the third game like this.
- Game Over Man: Splapp in the First game.
- Zero Effort Boss: Spatulon in the first game never attacks you.
- After Boss Recovery: This is in all the games except the second.
- Big Bad: Take a wild guess It's Splapp
- Boss Subtitles: In the fourth and fifth game.
- Damage Sponge Boss: Almost all bosses in the series are this.