Fiery Redhead/Playing With
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Basic Trope: A character with red hair is easily angered and has a generally feisty personality.
- Straight: Alice is Hot-Blooded with a Hair-Trigger Temper and has red hair.
- Justified: Alice wishes that she didn't have what she thinks of as ugly red hair, so when someone teases her for it, she loses her temper.
- Alice has simple auburn hair and knows how to be a peacemaker between characters who lose their tempers.
- Alternatively, Alice has beautiful strawberry blond hair and knows how to talk her way into getting whatever she wants.
- Also alternatively, Alice is a softspoken Shrinking Violet who also happens to be a redhead.
- Subverted: A bully specifically targets Alice, assuming she's easily going to get angry because of her hair color, but she ignores the teasing calmly because Alice is an Emotionless Girl, a mellow redhead if you will.
- Double Subverted: But the bully should have remembered to Beware the Nice Ones because when he is least expecting it, Alice punches him in the face and unleashes a Cluster F-Bomb.
- Deconstructed: Alice is stereotyped by others as being short-tempered due to her having red hair, and no one wants to be around her either out of fear or hatred. Alice becomes depressed and eventually frustrated with everyone's attitude toward her, having every instance of losing her patience overblown and attributed to her red hair.
- Reconstructed: Alice meets Bob, who loves redheads and doesn't mind her feisty persona.
- Zig Zagged: A bully targets Alice but she ignores him, until he goes too far and she GroinAttacks. However, she is calm while berating him, showing that her temper is still in check, until the bully says something completely unrelated and unintentional and she MegatonPunches him out of town.
- Averted: Either Alice is no more hotheaded than any other character or there are no hotheaded characters in the cast.
- Enforced: Give Alice a temper, people won't believe she's a real redhead without it.
- Lampshaded: "Look out for Alice's temper," Bob warned, "She's just like a typical redhead."
- Invoked: "You don't want to make me angry! I'm a redhead!"
- Exploited: Alice and the gang need a distraction, so they stage a scene where Alice has a screaming fit, knowing everyone will buy the act since she has red hair.
- Defied: Alice purposely tries to control her anger so that she doesn't fit the redhead stereotype.
- Discussed: 'You'd think Alice was a redhead, given how angry she gets at the slightest provocation.'
- Conversed: "Why are the redhaired characters always so angry?"
- Played For Laughs: Alice freaks out at the slightest of problems, such as a papercut. Hilarity Ensues when everyone hears Alice screaming loudly across the hall...at the sight of a ladybug.
- Played For Drama: ???
Back to Fiery Redhead