Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Crowning Moment of Funny: These skits that diss Ja Rule's singing. They are also Hilarious in Hindsight, since 50 has since been accused of the same thing just a few years later.
- Deader Than Disco: His 2009 album Before I Self Destruct sold poorer than his previous releases and was pretty much ignored by the media, not to mention his overall mainstream presence has diminished considerably from his mid-2000s peak.
- First Installment Wins: Many fans consider "Get Rich or Die Tryin" to be a classic.
- Ho Yay: His relationship with Eminem is quite close.
- It is not hard to find images of them hanging over each other, Eminem has lampshaded it.
- It's the Same, Now It Sucks: The most common criticism is that he's too formulaic. Even outside of his albums he tends to follow the pattern of taking shots at other rappers as a means to gain attention before releasing a new album.
- Never Live It Down: When set to released his third album "Curtis" on the same day as Kanye West's third album "Graduation" in September of 2007, 50 infamously declared that if Kanye outsold him, 50 would retire from rapping. When Kanye's sales easily outdid 50's own, 50 backpedaled from his previous comments, and many hip-hop fans and journalists still mock him over it to this day.
- The Problem with Licensed Games: His first game, 50 Cent: Bulletproof, was one of the worst-reviewed games of the 2005 holiday season despite strong sales. However, the follow-up 50 Cent: Blood on the Sand was considered a huge improvement, with fun gameplay, an online co-op mode, great graphics and a hilariously stupid plot.