Fight a Base
Fight-A-Base (Wayback Machine copy here) was a website cataloging pretty much every fighting video game known to man. The site was developed by an individual known as "Fenix" and has many notable contributors with quirky personalities. Some of the more prominent of which are:
Fenix: The webmaster/site guru himself. Frequently frustrated by the site's tendency to break without provocation.
ExMortis: Fenix's second-in-command, specializes in obscure PlayStation games.
*riot_iori*: Expert in various SNK Playmore and games with girls in the lead, as well as costume submission.
Pokejedservo: Seems to specialize in Licensed Games, is characterized by a cabbage-patching Mega Man avatar.
The S: Apparent man of many aliases and vocations. Runs the Fight-A-Base Facebook page, also specializes in obscure crap.
Orochi Roll: Dialogue guru that seems to have a thing for Galford's dog.
redmankilla: Fond of movelist submission.
MelvanaInChains: Prefers obscure oddball fighting games such as Battle Monsters. Is part of the MUGEN community, having made a number of things for it.
FlyingFist: All-around contributor, doesn't seem to have a specialty, but hits all aspects pretty equally.
Coola Yagami: Prominent reviewer.
- Black and Nerdy: Fenix
- Cloudcuckoolander: Several attempted submitters that obsess over strange details such as a character's bust size (or lack thereof), a character's portrayal in Fan Art, or are just plain nonsensical.
- There's also Michael Simpson, who is not known to be any of the contributors, but prominently asks bizarre questions/requests on the Facebook page.
- Game Engine: Fenix created Ultimate Fighting Game engine, an alternative to MUGEN / Fighter Maker.
- Hair-Trigger Temper: True to his name, *riot_iori* seems to get ticked off at a lot of things - including his inclusion to this trope.
- Happily Married: Fenix
- MUGEN: Melvana is part of the Mugen community and has made a number of, for want of better word, bizarre creations, up to and including Heart Heat Harn, Alter Amiba (Think of Amiba if he had snapped), Billy Two-Moons and collaborated with The_None on an Ultimate Mortal Kombat Trilogy (as in the SEGA Mega Drive ROM hack) sprited Shang Tsung with a...unique playstyle.
- Ninja Pirate Zombie Robot: The S claims to be an anti-fraud agent, ordained minister, voice actor, and a Ninjutsu practitioner.
- Real Life Relative: Minor contributor XavierBeFree is The S's brother.
- Shout-Out: Many of the tags on characters/stages/games, et cetera are named after popular culture references, including "the_distant_future", "on_a_boat", and "trainspotting".
- Voice Actors: pokejedservo and The S both have experience in this.
- Wiki Walk: A given, considering how much content is on the site.