Flash Gordon (film)/YMMV
- Adaptation Displacement: Some fans go for the bitchin' Queen album over the film.
- Americans Hate Tingle: The movie didn't do great in the US, but it was a mega hit in Great Britain. So much so that it's considered a classic there.
- Crowning Music of Awesome: FLASH! AH-AH! HE'LL SAVE EVERY ONE OF US!
- Ear Worm: "AAAAAAAHHHHH-AAAAAAAHHHHHH! SAVIOR OF THE UNIVERSE!"
- Hilarious in Hindsight: The following exchange -
(After Flash spares Prince Barin's life)
Prince Vultan: What is this?!
Hans Zarkov: Humanity.
Prince Vultan: Madness!
I would have been too loud for that movie. I would have frightened all the Spartans.
- Memetic Mutation: "Pathetic Earthlings! WHO CAN SAVE YOU NOW?!?!"
- "FLASH! AH-AHH! SAVIOUR OF THE UNIVERSE!"
- "GORDON'S ALIVE!!"
- Someone writing in a newspaper in the UK hoped there would be an election while Sir Menzies "Ming" Campbell was leader of the Liberal Democrats, just because that would make it "Ming vs. Gordon." Sir Menzies was called "Ming the Merciless" and compared to him on occasions.
- DIVE, MY HAWKMEN! DIIIIIIIIIIVE!
- Memetic Outfit: Ming's.
- Narm Charm
- Retroactive Recognition: Princess Aura's pet midget is played by Deep Roy, who would later become a Tim Burton regular.
- So Bad It's Good
- Klytus' death scene. Ew...
- Ming is hypnotizing Dale Arden with his ring and causing her to writhe in a sexy, sensual manner.
Ming: Did you ever see such response?
Klytus: No, truly. She even rivals your daughter.
- Took the Bad Film Seriously: Timothy Dalton didn't seem to understand the camp value as other actors like Brian Blessed and Topol did, and treated it like William Shakespeare.
- Vindicated by Cable