Fonejack/ v. 1. to seize control of a telephone conversation by farce esp. to divert it from reason and logic
Fonejacker is a BAFTA award-winning British comedy programme broadcast on Channel 4 featuring a series of prank calls involving a number of different characters performed by Kayvan Novak. It first appeared in May 2006, although it did not become a full series until 2007.
The show is based around a Mysterious Malevolent Masked Man known only as the Fonejacker, and the numerous prank calls he makes, under the guise of various characters in attempts to confuse or annoy unsuspecting members of the public.
The show recently[when?] entered its third series, but retitled "Facejacker" and with a different format: instead of making prank calls The Fonejacker adopts various disguises, in a similar manner to Da Ali G Show.
- Alter Ego Acting
- B-Roll Rebus
- Candid Camera Prank
- Cool Mask
- Cool Shades
- Depraved Bisexual: Donald Donaldson.
- Everything's Worse with Bears: Vishka! Vishkofski! And his amazing dancing bear!
- For Inconvenience Press One: The Flatline. Later, Moira's Fish and Chips.
- Funny Foreigner: Mr Doovdé, George Agdgdgwngo, the Chinese DVD Gang, Vishka Vishkofski, Mr Broadbandings... most of the characters.
- Operator From India: The Internet/Mobile Network/Relationship/Fish and Chips Service Providings man.
- Phone Booth
- The Unpronounceable: Agdgdgwngo.