Fountains of Wayne
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Fountains of Wayne is an American Power Pop band that formed in New York City in 1996. Its members are Chris Collingwood, Adam Schlesinger, Jody Porter and Brian Young. The band is best known for their 2003 Grammy-nominated single "Stacy's Mom".
Fountains of Wayne provides examples of the following tropes:
- Caught with Your Pants Down: In the video for "Stacy's Mom", Stacy walks in on the boy in the bathroom apparently having A Date with Rosie Palms.
- Homage: "Stacy's Mom" was intended as a tribute to The Cars.
- Hot Mom: Stacy's Mom has it going on.
- Joisey: Formed and still based in New Jersey.
- Line-of-Sight Name: The band was named after a lawn ornament store in Wayne, New Jersey, located at the intersection of U.S. Route 46 and New Jersey Route 23.
- Stacy's Mom: Trope Namer
- Unrequited Tragic Maiden: Stacy in "Stacy's Mom", somewhat less so in the video than in the song alone.