Frank and Ernest
Frank and Ernest is a newspaper comic featuring the title characters in gag-a-day humor that takes them over space and time, and through random occupations (from a baseline of bums), when not featuring bit parts by Fractured Fairy Tale characters, or Mother Goose characters, or the planets, or numerals. Prone to Medium Awareness and Incredibly Lame Puns.
The true source of the line "Sure he was great, but don't forget that Ginger Rogers did everything he did, backwards... and in high heels."
Like many other newspaper comics in the 21st century, Frank and Ernest is available online at GoComics.
This page needs a better description. You can help this wiki by expanding or clarifying the information given.
- Breaking the Fourth Wall
- Crossover Cosmology: One angel says of "without form and void" -- "How Zen!"
- The End Is Nigh: Never worries either one much
- Fire and Brimstone Hell
- Fluffy Cloud Heaven: God and the angels live there, and in their frequent excursions to the afterlife, so do Frank and Ernest.
- Flying Saucer: Aliens' invariable transport.
- Fractured Fairy Tale
- Genre Roulette
- Grandpa God
- Human Popsicle[context?]
- Malaproper: Malaprop Man.
- Never Needs Sharpening
- Nursery Rhyme: Often in the Fractured Fairy Tales.
- One Million BC
- Only the Chosen May Wield[context?]
- Overly Pre-Prepared Gag: Many of the strips are 8 or so panels rambling about something inane to set up for a huge pun at the end. The payoff is worth it.
- Pick a Card[context?]
- Pungeon Master
- Punny Headlines: They've been known to work for a newspaper.
- Ripped from the Headlines: Occasionally.
- Robot Dog[context?]
- Sesquipedalian Loquaciousness: When it's funny.
- Seven Deadly Sins[context?]
- Silver Bullet[context?]
- Very False Advertising[context?]
- A Worldwide Punomenon: Seeing a pattern here?