A spoof of Soap Operas of The Eighties, this Miniseries follows the story of the Kensington family, and their struggle to survive in the cutthroat world of the raisin business. But with all the scheming, backstabbing, twists and turns, it doesn't look good for them. But for the viewers, it's a hell of a good time.
- Affectionate Parody: Particularly of shows like Dallas and Dynasty.
- As Long as It Sounds Foreign: "These grapes taste like Fresno!"
- Everything's Sparkly with Jewelry
- I Have No Son: Subverted. At then end, Charlotte says this after she learns of Cane's betrayal, but then Cane reminds her of Kevin. So Charlotte amends that to she just has one son.
- Jail Bake: Parodied. A guard assumed this, and searched food brought to the prison for tools, while a lady behind him just handed a prisoner tools while the guard's back was turned.
- Keep Circulating the Tapes
- Luke, I Am Your Father: Three times. Once with Torch, and twice when Tiffany finds out who her real mother and father are.
- Name of Cain: Cane Kensington, and Tyler Cane.
- Pretty in Mink: Couldn't properly spoof those shows without this.
- Walking Shirtless Scene: Every other time Torch appears.