What are your boundaries?
Frontier(s) is a French horror film directed by Xavier Gens.
In the midst of a right-wing extremist being elected in Paris, riots spark the street. A group of thieves take advantage of the chaos to pull off a robbery before fleeing to a nearby hostel near the border. Unfortunately for them, the place is run by a group of neo-Nazi cannibals. Things get messy. Really messy.
The film was set to be part of the After Dark Horrorfest film festival but the MPAA slapped an NC-17 on it and, rather than edit the film, After Dark decided to give it an unrated limited theatrical release elsewhere.
- Arranged Marriage: Part of the family's way of extending their bloodline.
- Big Screwed-Up Family
- Bloody Handprint
- Broken Heel - Von Geisler cuts the Achilles tendon of one of the thieves.
- Body Horror - Plenty, but Farid's death comes to mind the most.
- Cannibal Clan
- Creepy Child - Eva.
- Dysfunctional Family
- Final Girls - Yasmine and Eva.
- Fingore - A character's fingers are blown off with a shotgun.
- Forceful Kiss - Karl gives one to Yasmine.
- I'm a Humanitarian
- Inn of No Return
- The Quiet One - Hans.
- Shout-Out - To The Texas Chainsaw Massacre, in particular the dinner scene near the end.
- Take That - Largely against Sarkozy-era France and many of its anti-Muslim policies.
- Traumatic Haircut - Eva has most of her hair cut off to be presentable for the rest of the family.
- Nazi Grandpa - Von Geisler.
- Politically-Incorrect Villain - Well, they're neo-Nazis, so so what did you expect?
- Your Head Asplode
- The Unfavorite - Hans appears to be this.
- "Well Done, Son" Guy - Goetz.