G.I. Joe: Sigma 6
Striking from the shadows, a ruthless organization named COBRA has returned to unleash an endless army of robotic troops and massive machines on the world. Our only hope, a group of highly skilled young operatives thrown together to save the planet. With time running out, they must become the super secret team known only as Sigma 6.
Initially a toyline re-imagining characters from a very popular 1980s Hasbro toyline, GI Joe Sigma 6 is also an animated series (2005-2007), produced by the Japanese animation studio GONZO. Ironically, this description, fits another series to a T.
A continuation (sort) of the two direct-to-video GI Joe CGI movies, Spy Troops and Valor vs. Venom, Sigma 6 has Cobra Commander broken out from prison and the Joes forced to evacuate their base. Traveling in their mobile command center, the R.O.C.C. and equipped with Hi-Tech's Sigma suits, the Joes renew their battle to protect the world from Cobra.
The show ran for two full seasons on 4Kids TV.
- Conspicuous CG: It's a trademark of GONZO after all.
- Continuity Reboot
- Continuity Snarl: The first season established the series as a sequel to the CGI G.I. Joe specials (Spy Troops and Valor vs. Venom) produced by Reel FX. The biggest evidence of this is the fact that General Hawk is still in the hospital recovering from the "Venomization" process he suffered during the events of Valor vs. Venom. However, a later Compilation Movie of the first five episodes (called "First Strike") added a scene that established that the Joe team from Sigma 6 were not the same Joes from the CGI specials, but new members who inherited the codenames of their predecessors 20 years after the original members retired. Somehow, most of the Cobras also got identical successors as well and they managed to get a new Storm Shadow who just happens to be the rival of the new Snake-Eyes.
- Do Not Adjust Your Set: Cobra Commander does this in the show's final episodes.
- Family-Friendly Firearms: Not really shocking, it's G.I. Joe.
- Five Episode Pilot
- Mecha-Mooks: The B.A.T.s
- Powered Armor: The Sigma suits.
- Theme Tune Roll Call