Game Destroyers is an ongoing Sprite Comic about a group of sprites and their travels among various NES games, as they travel through them and blow them up for reasons they don't entirely understand. The army of main characters constantly grows as they travel through the games and find more rogue sprites. ...I don't know what else to say yet, this needs to be edited and finished soon. This is enough for now, though, just to get it up here.
- Anyone Can Die: A number of main characters and villains die throughout the comic.
- Bojangles doesn't live through the destruction of Balloon Fight.
- Ace and Cedris are both buried during the War at the Mansion.
- Breaking the Fourth Wall: Though it was barely there to begin with.
- Brown Note: The mere presence of the Stevens is a brown note strong enougth to burst heads. Unsuprising, seeing as they are Spiffy's madness given flesh.
- Christmas Episode: Two Christmas comics have been made so far.
- Santa Ferahgo gave gifts based on what the characters asked for, most of which were taken away at the end of the strip.
- Santa Ferahgo gave Spiffy powers for a day to produce visuals while he sang The Twelve Days of Christmas.
- Creator Breakdown
- Deus Ex Machina: Main purpose of Ferahgo's existence... Grudgingly so.
- Dummied Out: The origins of most the the main characters, as unprogrammed sprites.
- Guile Reptiles of Uncertain Morality: The brief appearance of the Ninja Turtles was a lot like this, along with Moving the Goalposts
P.G ...You just have to pledge your loyalty to our leader, Ferahgo.
Donatello Well… maybe. Under one condition….
Michelangelo A lifetime’s supply of free pizza!
Donatello Oooh! Good call Mikey! Two conditions.
- Filler Strips: Numerous random filler strips and two filler series'.
- The Adventures of Steve & Sammich were the first filler series, created by a friend of the author's.
- The Adventures of Syd and Vald are the current filler series, one panel strips featuring two side characters not involved in the main plot.
- Halloween Cosplay: Two Halloween comic have been made so far.
- 2008 had a Godzilla theme, with 6 of the characters dressing up as various kaiju.
- 2009 had costumes suggested by the people the characters are based in, and included a vampire, Mickey Mouse, a mummy, Lizzie from Rampage, Kirby, a Baatorian green steel cookie, and one character dressing up as another character.
- Rumor has it that a Halloween strip was made during the comic's very first year, but it doesn't seem to exist anywhere online any more.
- Mad Scientist
- Jerkass God / Benevolent God: Ferahgo flips between the two, frequently using his powers to aid the protagonists, and acting as a mission control, but often in the most painful way possible.
- Moving the Goalposts
- Only Sane Man: Psychotic Gizmo… which says a lot about the comic. Also Ace and Rose,to some extent, Seeing as they were affected by the Stevens.
- Series Hiatus: There have been four lengthy hiatuses to date since the comic has been updating regularly.
- There was a month long break from April to May 2009 due to a college work overload.
- There was about a month long break in November 2009 due to Windows upgrading shenanigans.
- Ragtag Bunch of Misfits
- There was a nearly 7 long month break from February to August 2010, and then a nearly 5 month break from September 2010 to January 2011, both due to the previously mentioned breakdown.
- Speech Bubbles: Unlike other comics, there are no dialogue arrows on the speech bubbles in this comic. Instead, each character has a unique font, text color, and background color.
- Some characters who know telepathy speak in a rounded edge rectangle instead, whenever the author remembers that, anyway.
- Visible Silence
- Villain Protagonist: Definitely the case but somewhat mild; complete with Lampshade Hanging.
Bojangles: I heard a rumour that there’s going to be a villain soon.
P.G: I though we were the villains.
Bojangles: …Er, a ‘hero’ then.
P.G: Eh whatever. Pass the sashimi.
- Vitriolic Best Buds: Inverted. P.G genrally grows to like a new addition only AFTER he stops insulting them.
- Written Sound Effect
- Writing by the Seat of Your Pants