Getting Crap Past the Radar/Card Games
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- The Yu-Gi-Oh Card Game is notorious for being overly censored in the English releases of the cards. This has led to tons of card illustrations being altered to remove anything which can be remotely considered a religious symbol, violent, a weapon, or sexual content. If any crap makes it past the radar, it gets rereleased with a new, altered drawing. Examples include:
- The Stripperiffic Harpy Lady.
- Harpie girl. Lolicon + Stripperiffic = Brain Bleach. The censorship was missed in the first run and was fixed later, but it was too late. It's harder to find the censored version.
- Aqua Chorus. You have to look close, but the dress is see-through, and there are nipples in the image.
- While most of the cards with, well, suggestive materials, usually just women with low-cut shirts/dresses or high-cut skirts will be edited for international release, they somehow didn't edit this.
- Nude women are really nothing new. (They always have something to cover their naughty bits.) The card "Spring Of Rebirth" proudly displays a fully naked angel on top of a fountain, her long hair being the only thing protecting her modesty.
- One that got caught by the Radar got arguably made worse! Ultimate Offering. Fixing the sight of blood by drawing a whole new artwork of a monster bursting out of another (grinning) monster's head. The monster is made of blood.
- Drillago. He has a drillbit sticking out right where his penis would be.
- The flavor text for the censored nekogal #1 refers to her as a "Pussy Fairy."... Yeah
- Back to Getting Crap Past the Radar