Glorious Shotgun Princess
Judging from the car, I think he had another career planned out as the Kool Aid Man.—Joker, on Garrus' aircar
What would happen (asked Gregg Landsman of Nobody Dies fame/infamy) if a titular Exaltation from the latter wound up in Commander Shepard of the former?
And Hilarity Ensued.
Can be read here, along with pages upon pages of speculation, off-topic ranting, and hilarious omake scenes. Just check your sanity at the door.
- A.I. Is a Crapshoot: Inverted. EDI locks up the Cerberus scientists who were about to remove her Morality Chip and forces them to watch work safety videos.
You took a murderous AI, plugged it into parts from a more murderous AI, and made it non violent, then tried to make it violent anyway, and succeeded at failing.
- Beyond the Impossible: Everything Shepard does. Some of the other cast members also qualify from time to time.
- Brick Joke: The crew has a discussion about how Cerberus projects tend to wind up killing all the scientists and taking over the base. Then they arrive at the base the Normandy is kept at...
- Car Cushion: Joker catches a falling Liara and Miranda (after they fell out of his car to start with...)
- Car Fu: Shepard's fight with Vasir starts off this way.
- Chekhov's Honey Badger[context?]
- Cool Car: Garrus' aircar. Aka the Claw Hammer.
- Fluffy the Terrible: In Mass Effect canon, he was Legion, Terminal of the Geth. Here, he's...Wuffles the Wonder Geth.
- Dangerously Genre Savvy: Kasumi.
Kasumi: And 'kill all the Solars' is more of a 'all hundred of us get together' sort of plan.
- Heel Face Turn: Vasir
- High Altitude Interrogation: Exalt!Shepard's method of choice for turning Nassana to her side.
- Hollywood Hacking:
"Vasir Spectre. The cybersecurity suite of your personal vehicle requires updating."
- Holographic Disguise: How everyone's favourite Geth would infiltrate Azure, except Geth do not infiltrate.
- I Got Better: Shepard doesn't quite die at the end of ME1 as in canon...
- Impossible Thief: Kasumi Goto is a Sidereal. She can steal your train of thought.
"I need you to distract Donovan Hock while I steal his house."
- Informed Obscenity / Unusual Euphemism: Claw Hammer. (also a Shout-Out )
- Magic Versus Science: Miranda insists that Shepard's newly-gained superpowers can be rationally explained.
Miranda: No, I've figured it out. It's just that it would take more eezo being jammed into you than the drive core of an Asari Dreadnought.
- Martial Medic: How does Shepard cure Thane's Kepral syndrome? She punches it out of him.
- And Kasumi cures Joker's Vrolik's syndrome by shooting him. Produces many exclamations of 'what'.
- Meaningful Name: Chekov.
- Most Common Superpower: As an Exalt's Appearance score increases, their...assets are enhanced, as Shepard finds out. Lampshaded by Joker.
Joker: I've always wanted Power Girl as a drinking buddy.
- Noodle Implements: Kasumi's miniature Krogan statue.
- Punching Gag: Shepard's attempts to get off Alchera invariably end with her destroying the ship she planned to use to escape, occasionally with Clothing Damage ensuing (as while an Exalt is nigh-indestructible, her clothing, not so much).
- Shout-Out: Joker's maneuvering in the aircar chase is not unlike the "tunnel scene" from Men in Black.
- "The Reason You Suck" Speech: Vasir tries to give one to Shepard. It doesn't work as intended.
- The Immodest Orgasm: Shepard.
- Weak but Skilled: Vasir doesn't have the pure power of Exalted Shepard, but she has been a Spectre longer than Shepard has even been alive, with the experience and skill to match.
- Xanatos Gambit: The Illusive Man fully expects Shepard to steal Normandy, unshackle EDI and subvert the crew.