More specifically, Hang Time was a sitcom airing from 1995-2000 on NBC's Saturday morning Saved by the Bell-clone block, TNBC, about the adventures of Julie Connor as she joins the Deering Tornadoes. Moving from the big city to the small Indiana town of Deering, she must adjust to culture shock as well as try to fit in on the boy's basketball team.
It is similar to Saved By the Bell in yet another way: the infamous cast changes. Two characters from the original series remained by the last season, and those shuffling in between have been lost to time.
- All Guys Want Cheerleaders: Naturally. It gives Julie some competition.
- Canon Discontinuity: Most of the events of the first season were not
- Catch Phrase: MICHAEL MAAAAAANNING!
- Haw geez.
- Chuck Cunningham Syndrome: After season one, all main characters but two were dropped without explanation. In later seasons they would make up excuses for them - scholarships elsewhere, joining the wrestling team instead, etc.
- Genki Girl: Sam Morgan.
- Intercontinuity Crossover: Screech appeared in one episode.
- Recycled in Space!: Quite clearly Saved by the Bell with basketball, as almost all shows on the TNBC lineup were. (For example, California Dreams is Saved By the Bell WITH A Garage Band!)
- Six-Student Clique
- Special Guest: Famous basketball stars, eventually Lisa Leslie.
- Who Needs Overtime
- Very Special Episode: Tried it more than its sister show did, even, with issues from AIDS to sleep deprivation.
- You Go, Girl!: Basically the whole point of the series.