The races of Harkovast are embroiled in a bloody and bitter battle against The Nameless, a force made of literally Faceless Goons intent on destroying the rest of the world. While the races struggle to overcome deeply entrenched hatred of one another, a lone group set off in search of the Shogun, who may be the only hope they have.
Also, it's a Furry Comic!
- Action Girl: Chen-Chen can hold her own in a fight. Very well.
- Exclusively Evil: linked to The Nameless Faceless Goons.
- Badass: Shogun, who, along with being a badass samurai, has a replacement metal fist and a Katana equivalent of a flick knife.
- Badass Boast: Shogun:
"Fight me or flee; it makes no difference now. All of you are going to die."
- Compelling Voice: A Nymus (bird-person) named The Speaker can make people drown themselves by asking them nicely.
- Crouching Moron, Hidden Badass: Sir Muir, the mildly senile Darsai Knight, can kick ass like the best of them when he remembers to.
- Faceless Goons: The Nameless aren't distinguishable from one another. They don't even have names.
- Fantastic Racism: Comes up a LOT in Harkovast.
- Fantasy Counterpart Culture: The Darsai are medieval Europeans, Tsung-Dao are medieval east-Asians, Golta are Colonial Americans, and the Ano-Chee are Native Americans.
- Flaming Sword: The Darsai summon energy weapons created from their own faith.
- Foreign Queasine: When Shogun offers Sir Muir Tsung-Dao food. And vice versa, when Chen-Chen explains Darsai food to the Tsung-Dao.
- Furries Are Easier to Draw: Implied by the author that thats why the various races are anthropomorphic animals.
- Furry Comic: Open and shut. See also Funny Animal.
- Improbable Weapon User: Apparently, Sir Muir was forced to battle a serpent using a toasting fork, although as it was one of his rambles it may be in part to him being a Cloudcuckoolander.
- Katanas Are Just Better: Shogun's "hidden fang" sword is a katana.
- Little-Known Facts: Sir Muir with his very strange stories.
- Lizard Folk: The Tsung-dao and Brorg-dao.
- Non-Mammal Mammaries: Actually explained as being an evolutionary function for the races interbreeding.
- The Faceless: The wizard Quinn Tain is only ever seen from behind. He might be a panda, but according to this comic, it's a little grander than that...
- Psycho for Hire: As Ki explains in his own words;
"I'm not here to make friends. I show up to kill people...and look good while I do it."
- Reptiles Are Abhorrent: Averted; The Tsung-dao seem to be a peaceful and well-ordered society. Bar one.