I Like Swords
This page used to be what Category:Sword Tropes was called. Most of the wikilinks here seem to think it's a trope, but if that's not true please fix the link.
This trope is about characters who are really into swords, or at least the backlinks seem to think so. Might be related to I Call It "Vera", but doesn't seem to be about naming, just being a weapon fanatic (which is not Knife Nut at all).
I Like Swords/Quotes already has some content.
Anime and Manga
- Tatsuya Sudou of "The Masked Four" in Persona 2
Yosuke Hanamura: "Hey! Guess what's sharper than a golf club!!" (later) "Hey, everybody! I love swords!"
- Gunnerkrigg Court: Just look at those efficiently designed, finely crafted, aesthetically appealing savage tools of destruction... Tea in her fencing suit and wide smile objects to your unhealthy fascination with swords! Though it doubles as foreshadowing, as later "enjoy, but don't forget what it's about" became a good plot point.
- Fighter in 8-Bit Theater, as seen here.
- Weregeek has a good reason why guys never told Abbie about the Sword Room.
- In the browser-based MMORPG Imperium Nova, Nagachika Houraisan of House Houraisan is a big-time sword aficionado.
- According to several celebrity magazines (including Us Weekly and OK!) published in 2012 and 2013, Shiloh Jolie-Pitt (then age 7), daughter of Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie, allegedly had a $2 million collection of rare and vintage swords, assembled for her by her father because she loves swords. Whether or not she actually has such a collection, the number of photos of her carrying around toy swords certainly seems to confirm that she loves them.
- Isaiah Mustafa:
I'm a ninja! I like swords and knives and stuff like that.