If you want a candidate for the title of "best actor of all time", Jack Nicholson's the man. He's also in the running for most Magnificent Bastard.
Nicholson has been nominated for Academy Awards twelve times. He won the Academy Award for Best Actor twice, for One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest and for As Good as It Gets. He won the Academy Award for Best Supporting Actor for the 1983 film Terms of Endearment. He is tied with Walter Brennan for most acting wins by a male actor (three), and second to Katharine Hepburn for most acting wins overall (four). He is also one of only two actors nominated for an Academy Award for acting (either lead or supporting) in every decade since the 1960s (the other being Michael Caine). He has won seven Golden Globe Awards, and received a Kennedy Center Honor in 2001. In 2010 he was the very enthusiastic honorary starter for the Indianapolis 500. In 1994, he became one of the youngest actors to be awarded the American Film Institute's Life Achievement Award.
He is internationally renowned for his often dark-themed portrayals of neurotic characters, such as The Joker in the Tim Burton Batman movie and Randle McMurphy in One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest. Also known for keeping up his career, as he has to approve of the script personally to make the movie and thus often avoiding only doing his roles for the money. Also, because Nicholson is a MASSIVE Lakers fan, attending every home game, his shooting schedule has to revolve around the Lakers schedule. However, he will still take a pretty big paycheck...
He was raised believing his mother was his sister and his grandmother was his mother because his real mother had sex with a man out of wedlock, and back then, being an unwed mom was considered taboo. Both were long dead when he found out.
- The Little Shop of Horrors- masochistic dental patient Wilbur Force
- Easy Rider - George Hanson
- Chinatown as Det. Jake Gittes
- One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest - Randle McMurphy
- The Shining - Jack Torrance
- "Here's... Johnny!"
- The Postman Always Rings Twice - Frank Chambers
- Terms of Endearment - Garrett Breedlove
- "I was just inches from a clean getaway."
- The Witches of Eastwick- Daryl Van Horne/ Satan
- Batman (1989) - Jack Napier/The Joker
- "Wait 'til they get a load of me."
- A Few Good Men - Col. Nathan R. Jessep
- Mars Attacks!! - President James Dale and Art Land
- As Good as It Gets - Melvin Udall
"What if all of this...is (a Title Drop)"
- The Departed - Frank Costello (based loosely on Whitey Bulger)
- Anger Management - Dr. Buddy Rydell
- The Bucket List - Edward Cole
- Something's Gotta Give - Harry Sandborn