OUTRAGEOUS! John DiMaggio has his own page now!?
Well, yes. Yes he does.
John DiMaggio is in basically every single current Western cartoon imaginable -- moreso than his Futurama co-star Billy West. You can easily spot his work by his Guttural Growler Large Ham nature.
And as the photo proves, he is not a pseudonym of Peter Cullen.
Some of his most notable roles include:
- General Grievous in Star Wars Clone Wars (not to be confused with the ongoing animated series of the same name, and he was replaced after his first appearance).
- Bender in Futurama.
- Dr. Drakken and Motor Ed in Kim Possible.
- Fu Dog in American Dragon: Jake Long.
- Marcus Fenix in the Gears of War series.
- Brother Blood in Teen Titans.
- Zeke in Zombie College.
- Kreese Kreeley in MadWorld.
- The Scotsman in Samurai Jack.
- Rico in Madagascar and The Penguins of Madagascar.
- Hak Foo in Jackie Chan Adventures.
- Sandman and Hammerhead in The Spectacular Spider Man.
- The faaaaabulous Jann Walker in Valkyria Chronicles.
- Wakka and Kimahri Ronso in Final Fantasy X.
- Gilgamesh in Final Fantasy XII and Final Fantasy XIII-2.
- Microsoft cofounder Steve Ballmer in the TV movie Pirates of Silicon Valley.
- Brother 2 in Afro Samurai.
- Aquaman in Batman the Brave And The Bold, whose Ensemble Darkhorse status has earned him episodes dedicated entirely to him. Got that, old chum?
- Shnitzel in Chowder. Radda radda.
- Jake the Dog in Adventure Time. WHOOO YEAH! Force that enthusiasm!
- Keeko in Tak and the Power of Juju.
- The Ember Island versions of Toph and Iroh in Avatar: The Last Airbender.
- The Juggernaut in X-Men Legends and then Marvel Ultimate Alliance.
- Brother Blood in Teen Titans.
- Bobo Haha in Generator Rex.
- Rath and Aggregor in Ben 10 Alien Force and Ben 10 Ultimate Alien. LET ME TELL YA SOMETHING, TROPER!
- Steve Wilkos in The Boondocks.
- The Joker in Batman: Under the Red Hood.
- Hammerhead in Spider-Man: Shattered Dimensions.
- General Steel and the King of Galaluna in Sym-Bionic Titan.
- Smiling Jack in Vampire: The Masquerade Bloodlines.
- Eitri in Avengers Earths Mightiest Heroes.
- Niblet in the 2010 Pound Puppies series.
- Fung in Kung Fu Panda Legends of Awesomeness.
- El Oso in El Tigre: The Adventures of Manny Rivera
- Leadfoot in Transformers: Dark of The Moon and Vogel in Transformers Prime.
- Big Rock Candy Monster in The High Fructose Adventures of Annoying Orange
John DiMaggio provides examples of:
- Beware the Nice Ones: A YouTube video circulated a few years ago of John tossing a violent drunk out of a bar. He's normally a nice guy, but he's scary when he loses his temper. Don't mess with a Joisey boy...
- The Big Guy: Plays a lot of these.
- Guttural Growler: Almost all of his roles are like this.
- Hey, It's That Voice!: If you've heard enough of his work, it's usually fairly easy to spot John in most of his roles. Rule of thumb is, "If a character sounds even a little bit like Bender from Futurama, then it's John DiMaggio voicing him."
- Ink Suit Actor: The writers of Kim Possible created the character of "Motor Ed" so that John could "be himself." Similarly, he also looks somewhat like Marcus Fenix.
- Word of God says they made Human!Bender exactly like John - both in looks and personality.
- Large Ham: THEY'RE SINKING CITIES WITH A GIANT WORM!!!
- Name's the Same: He's not to be confused with baseball legend "Joltin' Joe" DiMaggio.
- Talking to Himself: Once in a while, he voices enough roles on Futurama to have a conversation with himself, although not nearly as much as Billy West does.
- Also in Final Fantasy X, where he voices both the characters Wakka and Kimahri.