Joseph Gordon-Levitt (sometimes abbreviated to JGL), born February 17, 1981, started his acting career in commercials as a child, before starring in the show 3rd Rock from the Sun. Since then, he has broken out of the role that 3rd Rock put him in, starring in a string of indie films and most recently Christopher Nolan's Inception.
He prefers to be called Joe.
He also runs a Web site called hitRECord.org, where collaborators from around the world work on various projects. Once a month, Joe will select one "record" to publish and split the money between all the contributors. You can find his tumblr here.
- Angels in the Outfield as Roger Bomman (1994)
- 3rd Rock from the Sun as Tommy Solomon (1996–2001)
- 10 Things I Hate About You (1999)
- Manic (2001)
- Treasure Planet (2002)
- Mysterious Skin (2003)
- Brick (2005)
- The Lookout (2007)
- Killshot (2009)
- Five Hundred Days of Summer (2009)
- G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra (2009) — The Doctor aka Rex King aka Cobra Commander
- Inception (2010) — Arthur
- 50/50 (2011) - Adam Lerner
- The Dark Knight Rises (2012) - John Blake
- Looper (2012) Joe
- Awesome, Dear Boy: Why he worked on G.I. Joe.
- Antiquated Linguistics: The entire narration of Morgan M. Morgansen's Date with Destiny.
- Erudite Stoner
- Former Child Star: Remember him as the lead in Angels in the Outfield.
- Nice Jewish Boy
- Older Than They Look: Look at Him. He's Thirty-one!
- Purple Prose: The entirety of Morgan M. Morgansen's Date with Destiny. The waiter is a food penguin and lemons are sour yellows, for example.
- Sesquipedalian Loquaciousness: Morgan M. Morgansen's Date with Destiny.
- Waistcoat of Style: It is, after all, a picture of him on that page.