KKnD2: Krossfire is the sequel to KKnD (Krush, Kill and Destroy) released on October 31, 1998. It is set 2179, 100 years after the World Nuclear War. After spending another 4 decades underground, hiding from the first loss against the Evolved, the Survivors rose up to a new enemy: the Series 9. The Series 9 robots are machines that have advanced from their farming origins (having the original programming damaged by the nuclear radiation) and taken up arms against the humans, Evolved and Survivor, who destroyed their precious crops, their one and only reason for functioning.
- After the End
- A.I. Is a Crapshoot: The Series 9 robots, whose programming were damaged by the nuclear radiation. They have since came up with the notion that humans have destroyed their precious crops which, being agricultural farming robots built for agriculture, defeats their purpose. And they are pissed.
- Body Horror: Pretty much every Evolved tribesman have mutated grotesquely. Some mutations are pure Nightmare Fuel. Thankfully enough, the beasts aren't as ugly.
- Command and Conquer Economy: Oil is this. You can harvest oil by deploying a derrick over the oil patch and get a tanker to collect the oil and deliver it to a power station for processing. Each faction also has two other sources of resources though not as valuable (unless fully upgraded and built in numbers).
- Cosmetically Different Sides: Each faction may have completely different units and weapons but they are all equivalent to each other. The Evolved subverts this with a special structure known as the "Alter of The Scourge", which is used to create "Scourge Demons" which no other faction has an equivalent to by sacrificing soldiers.
- Everything Is Messier With Pigs: The Evolved use methane generated by pigs (guess how) as a secondary resource.
- Molotov Cocktail: The Evolved Rioter uses these.
- Mutant: The Evolved is an entire tribe of mutants. Many have been badly disfigured due to the nuclear radiation, some becoming living embodiments of Body Horror High Octane Nightmare Fuel. Strangely enough, some animals have mutated into becoming their ancestors. This includes Mastodons (ancient elephants), Pteranodons (pterodactyls) and Ankylsaurs (yes, that dinosaur).
- Proud Warrior Race Guy: The Evolved view themselves as these.
- Sinister Scythe: The Serie's Grim Reaper robot has 3 of these as it's front limbs.
- Schizo-Tech: Although the Evolved has since degraded into a traditional tribal society and make heavy use of tamed beasts, they still have a nice collection of modern weapons used by their seemingly ancient army. This includes explosive-tipped arrows, gatling guns mounted on the back of hippos, bomb-dropping giant wasps, mutants armed with bazookas, anti-air rocket towers and even missile armed giant land crabs.
- Tank Goodness: The Survivors has the menacing looking Juggernaut tank, a massive killing machine armed with a HUGE gatling cannon and twin missile launhers.