|IMPORTANT: The content of this page is outdated. If you have checked or updated this page and found the content to be suitable, please remove this notice.|
Describe Karen Gillan here.
That'll do just fine.
A 24-year-old Scottish actress, who you'd probably never heard of before, unless you watched The Kevin Bishop Show.
You've probably heard of her now, though - she plays Amy Pond, the first companion of Matt Smith's Eleventh Doctor in Doctor Who, having previously appeared as a soothsayer in an earlier story, "The Fires of Pompeii".
The fans gave her a very warm welcome.
Currently working on the start of Series 7 of Doctor Who where she and Arthur Darvill are scheduled to resume being Companions for the first 5 episodes before leaving for good. Technically, their characters "left" in the late Series 6 episode, The God Complex, but they still managed to appear in all 3 episodes between then and the Series 7 premiere. At 2 1/2 seasons, Karen is the single longest lasting Companion on the show since the start of NuWho.
- Acting for Two: There have been quite a few Other-Amys during her time on the show. Caitlin Blackwood takes some of the burden, but there are still Time Shifts and Teselectas.
- Attention Deficit Ooh Shiny: Just watch any interview with her, even the slightest mention of anything off-subject and she'll go wide-eyed and start excitedly going on about whatever caught her attention.
- Fiery Redhead: Amy Pond.
- Forgot I Couldn't Swim: One of the reasons the swimming pool scene got cut from "The Doctor's Wife".
- I Can't Dance: There are a couple of videos that imply she really can't, although it's not clear if she really can't or if she just can't keep up with Matt Smith and his randomness.
- Mean Character, Nice Actor: Even those that don't particularly like Amy the character (mostly due to some of Amy's Bitch in Sheep's Clothing tendencies, especially toward Rory) still like Karen the person (who has really endeared herself to fans by being very sweet, polite, and more than a little dorky.)
- One of Us: She's an admitted fan of Star Trek: The Next Generation.
- Real Life Relative: Caitlin Blackwood, who plays miniature-Amy whenever she appears, is in fact Karen's cousin. They met for the first time while filming "The Eleventh Hour."
- She's Got Legs
- Statuesque Stunner: About 5'11.
- Vitriolic Best Buds: With Matt Smith.