Jump to navigation Jump to search
Kenichi Matsuyama (b. 1985) is a Japanese actor best known for playing L in the Death Note live-action films.
- L, Death Note, (2006)
- Robo, Sexy Voice and Robo, (2007)
- Souichi Negishi/Johannes Krauser II, Detroit Metal City, (2008)
- Kamui, Kamui Gaiden, (2008)
- Gamagori Futarou, Zeni Geba, (2009)
- Toru Watanabe, Norwegian Wood, (2010)
- Masaru Kato GANTZ, (2011)
Kenichi Matsuyama provides examples of the following tropes:
- Eerie Pale-Skinned Brunette: In Death Note and Zeni Geba.
- Likes Older Women: Wife Koyuki is eight years older than him.
- Mean Character, Nice Actor: Has played a fair few oddballs, and one or two nutcases, but comes off in interviews as a perfectly nice, rather serious young man, even a little shy.
- One of Us: Admits a fondness for 90's manga.
- Ugly Cute: Several of his characters due to Adaptational Attractiveness, L and Futaro particularly - both are intended to be ugly/horribly disfigured, but even the makeup department's best efforts cannot disguise that Matsuyama is actually quite handsome.
- Unkempt Beauty: Some of his roles (most notably L), and sometimes also the man himself.