(Redirected from Kickin It)Jump to navigation Jump to search
Kickin' It is a 2011 Disney XD comedy about martial arts. It centers on the Bobby Wasabi Dojo, led by Sensei Rudy.
Tropes used in Kickin' It include:
- Action Girl: Kim.
- Artistic License Martial Arts: Common, but it doesn't distract from the fun of the show.
- Belts are not "won" in tournaments.
- Assumed Win: The Wasabi Warriors once entered a dance contest. When the winner of individual category was to be announced, an arrogant cheater was readying himself to accept it. Then one of the warriors was announced the winner.
- Blackmail: In one episode, the bully Truman blackmails Eddie into pranking the other dojo members. Once the gang finds out, they go all out to turn the tables on Truman.
- Crossover: Dale Davis, a recurring character from Zeke and Luther, once interviewed Kim and Milton about a beach at the mall.
- Five-Man Band:
- Funny Foreigner: Phil
- Getting Crap Past the Radar: The show sometimes seems to be an excercise in it. Double Entendres, Gags that only an adult would get like 'Wet T-Shirt contests', and all kinds of that sort of fair.
- Hey, It's That Guy!: Jason Earles plays Sensei Rudy.
- So this is where Snake Eyes got his start at. I'm surprised he's talking.
- Laser Hallway: Jack and Milton find one on the way to a security office. Jack does some acrobatics to traverse it and disables it for Milton. For some reason, the door to the security office itself was unlocked.
- Only Sane Man: Both Jack and Kim seem to be the least goofiest characters on the show.
- Pet Heir: When Bobby Wasabi was told something he didn't believe, he said it was rich like his dog will be once he dies.
- The Mall: All scenes take place there.
- Small Name, Big Ego: Jerry.
- The Smurfette Principle: Kim is the only girl in the main cast.
- Shout-Out: When Milton got a failed grade, he was afraid of ending up selling shoes at some store.