Mask/Lute Hende I
The protagonist of the story. Graduated dead last from the Knight Academy, but by the end of the previous game's events, he was crowned King of the Kingdom of Edelland.
- Accidental Pornomancer: He still doesn't have any idea that he's actually half-human half-incubus, which is part of the reason why he's unbeatable in bed. He's finally told the truth by Shamsiel after Serebia confirmed it.
- Achievements in Ignorance: Not as much as in the first time around, but he still has a few moments where he pulls off unthinkably difficult tasks without being fully aware of how he actually did it.
- Amnesiac Hero: At the beginning of the game, Lute wakes up in Hillsland, far off from Edelland, with no recollection of who he is and how he got there.
- Almighty Janitor: As was said, he graduated dead last in his class at the Royal Knight's Academy, and yet eventually managed to become the King. However, in terms of international opinion, he's still seen in a low light, because they consider him just the king of some second-rate kingdom. There's also his reputation for being the "Tits-loving King".
- Badass: Is this without even trying.
- Badass Abnormal: Not only does the full extent of this eventually come out during the course of the plot, He discovers he's so much this trope he's practically a walking "I win" button in mortal form, as by the final act he effortlessly No Sells everything his enemies throw at him, even things most supernatural powers can't so much as a scratch.
- Badass Unintentional: Over half the things he does he has no idea how he pulls said feats off for most of the game.
- Underestimating Badassery: Subject to this to a nigh cliche extreme. In fairness to those who do, even he's not aware of just what he can power through by sheer will alone.
- Berserk Button Even when amnesiac, Lute/Mask reflexively punched out Wan Patan when he insulted Shamsiel by calling her an ugly demonic queen of a lowly kingdom. He was surprised himself what he just did.
- Born Lucky: Some people talk about how Lute was born under a lucky star due to the favorable fortune he keeps getting. One instance where Lute/Mask was made to fill in as pirate captain for Rosalyn, he and the crew get captured by Serebria’s naval ship. He manages to convince her to take a deal that she’ll let him and the crew go if he beats her and her entire crew in coin tossing (which means instant death if he loses once). Serebria humors Lute/Mask, but he managed to win forty times in a row.
- Cannot Spit It Out: It's not so much that he can't tell the women he loves, that he loves them. It's that if he ever tries to say it to one of them while in front of the rest... He can actually FEEL their death glares at him.
- Chivalrous Pervert: He constantly thinks and talks about boobs, to pretty much everyone, but at the same time, he genuinely loves each of the women in his harem and does his best to make them happy and feel good when they're with him. He's very honest and straightforward with those he's around, especially the women, and yes he has an obvious thing for breasts, but he still treats them as people first. Something that some of them received very little of until actually meeting and getting to know him.
- Chivalric Romance: His relationship with each of the women in his harem is based on love, and he treats them as people (and so they can feel like women too).
- Coincidental Dodge: Legrand singles out Lute/Mask to challenge him in jousting just to show off. Legrand knocks Lute/Mask off in the first round, but then in the second and final rounds, Lute/Mask accidentally knocks Legrand out without even paying attention since he was focused on a busty woman he saw in the crowds.
- Danger Deadpan: Even people who are close to him are still surprised by how calm he is in just about any situation no matter how much potential he might be in.
- Does Not Know His Own Strength: Literally. He still doesn't know that he is actually half-human, half-incubus, and therefore the King of All Demon-kind. Shamsiel has made a point to keep this secret on the grounds that she feels he's better off not knowing. However, at a few points in the story, she makes a few comments that suggest that were Lute aware and able to wield his true powers/potential, he could have basically overcome any of the obstacles they faced with ease. By the end, he's finally told the truth, and he felt indifferent about it.
- Easy Amnesia: Lute suffers from amnesia thanks to the cursed mask.
- Everyone Calls Him "Barkeep": While an amnesiac Lute didn't know his own name, he was given the temporary name of Mask due to the mask on his face.
- Good in Bed: Any woman he's ever been with says he is the best in bed, period. It is at least somewhat due to him being half-human half-incubus, but he is unaware of that fact himself.
- Ignorance Is Bliss: Just like before, even while he was amnesiac, he still doesn't know that he is half-human, half-incubus, and therefore is actually the king of all demons, and that it is partially why he is able to accomplish as much as he has. He withstood a minotaur's psychic attack and even got the servitude of one, managed to get the trained krakens of an enemy nation to switch sides for him, casually escape a cursed bottle that supposedly traps people forever, and stopping an army of near immortal zombies.
- Insult Backfire: Is a master of turning his detractors' insults back at them. Lute would calmly fire back that his detractors are not as saintly as they believe themselves to be in comparison and would point out the obvious flaws in their logic, which they cannot refute.
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: Most people when they first meet him think he's just a Handsome Lech mixed with some moments of Jerk Ass, but in reality he's one of the nicest people you'll ever meet. Comes as a complete shock to said people when they finally understand this.
- Male Gaze: Lute seems to have an automatic reflex to stare at a busty woman’s breasts (though no one can blame him considering the company he keeps). This saves him and the others who get trapped in the Gorgon’s realm by Catholicis in the Peace Route. The Gorgon would tempt anyone to look at her face, which would petrify anyone who did, making it difficult for anyone to touch her, which would free them all. When Lute tries, he calmly walks up to her by focusing on looking at her breasts, making her panic. He touches her breasts, ejecting everyone from the realm and to a panicked Catholicis.
- Meaningful Nickname: Of Lute's many derisive titles is the "Parvenu King". Compared to his other insulting nicknames, it's an archaic way of calling him Nouveau Riche, but in context means his fellow county leaders consider him a naive fool who got power he doesn't deserve.
- Naked People Are Funny: For whatever reason, in the beginning, Lute found himself at the port of Hillsland wearing nothing but the cursed mask. This caused a bit of a panic with a local girl, prompting his arrest.
- Obfuscating Stupidity: Where Lute is just an idiot and where he's smart is a fuzzy line. While it's eventually clear he lets people believe he's a moron if it will benefit him, even they after knowing better still aren't entirely sure just how true this actually is, and Lute even has to clarify a few times when he was invoking this trope and when he wasn't because the confusion gets so bad. This is a bit of a departure from the first game, where he was instead so calm and fearless that people mistook his Nerves of Steel for foolishness.
- Poor Communication Kills: Lute's laid-back nature combined with his habit of talking about breasts and making jokes tends to make a bad first impression on people. Which he's fine with because usually, he's secretly trying to find out someone's true intentions before actually saying or doing anything of importance with them.
- Ruler Protagonist: Is the king of Edelland and Lingobard.
- Running Gag: For all intents and purposes, Lute's intelligence and actual competence as a ruler. In that, just about everyone he meets thinks he is either a pervert or an idiot based on their first impression of him, but at the same time, they are all eventually proven wrong. Much to their shock and disbelief. Even he says that he is constantly being told by people that they underestimated him.
- Sleep Cute: Shamsiel thinks he's so cute when he's sleeping. Especially after having just made love to him so much that he basically passed out.
- To Win Without Fighting: Lute himself isn't very skilled in actual combat, so he tends to look for the more peaceful way to solve problems, and it has been very surprising how successful he is and how far he has come by doing this.
- Too Spicy for Yog-Sothoth: The Minotaur kills his victims by eating their desires which results in their heads melting. When he tried to do the same to Mask/Lute, his desires to see more big tits became too much for the Minotaur to stomach and winds up exploding.
- Underestimating Badassery: So many people underestimate Lute's competence, intelligence, kingship, and overall badassness.
- Unfortunate Names: Apparently, outside of Edelland, Lute has numerous nicknames among the foreign nations such as: His Lewdness, His Lasciviousness, the Parvenu King, and the Tits-Loving King. He doesn't exactly care/mind though since it's all basically true. He's also given the names Plain-Faced King and Seedless King due to how he still has no heirs to speak of.
Shamsiel Sahar Hende
A succubus that fell in love with Lute in the first story and helped him out practically since the beginning. By now, she lives out in the open with Lute as his wife/queen (or rather, as one of his queens/wives). She prefers to be called the first queen.
- B 100cm K-cup
- W 55cm
- H 80cm
- Absolute Cleavage: Three words: See her image?
- Armor-Piercing Question: To put Legrand in his place, Shamsiel casually asks him why Rosalyn dumped his sorry ass, much to his shock and humiliation.
- Bedmate Reveal: Some time after the cursed mask falls off of Lute, Shamsiel finally catches up to him where he wakes up to find her giving him a titjob.
- Cute Monster Girl: Cute? Definitely. Monster? She's a high-class demon, so she can be at times just ask her victims aside from Lute... Oh wait!.
- Cute Little Fangs She sports them well, and they're a nice reminder that she's not human. She's a succubus, and make no mistake: If you do anything to insult her or otherwise piss her off... She. will. EAT YOU UP!
- Heartbroken Badass: Shamsiel, though she doesn't show it, was greatly saddened by Lute's disappearance and went through great lengths to find him.
- Me's a Crowd: She once used the Split Seed on herself to gangbang Lute.
- Really 700 Years Old: Her actual age is unclear though she admits to being over 500 years old in the previous title. Shamsiel confirms this after revealing she's Shaharl and Ruin's daughter, two of the main characters of Kyonyuu Fantasy 2, which took place several centuries before the events of the current story.
- Really Royalty Reveal: Shamsiel reveals that she's the daughter of Shaharl and Ruin, the main characters of Kyonyuu Fantasy 2.
- Sex Is Good: After Shamsiel reunites with Lute after months of absence, she has sex with him in an effort to make him remember who he is and her. In fact, Nellis said that if the first Queen were to give Lute a titfuck, his memories would be restored. It turned out to be true.
- Tears of Joy: Once Shamsiel reunites with Lute and his memories restored.
Roxanne De Desir (Hende)
The ex-wife of the previous prefect of Boan. She was one of the first woman apart from Shamsiel to meet and fall in love with Lute. Since the first story, she has married Lute and become the second queen.
- B 105cm K-cup
- W 61cm
- H 88cm
- Absolute Cleavage: She almost rivals Luceria in size.
- Benevolent Boss: She and the other queens are reputed as being very kind to the people they rule.
- Cool Big Sis: She and Luceria seem to get along really well, and their relationship with one another kind of has a sisterly vibe.
- Feminine Women Can Cook: Since she's mostly in charge of overseeing the kitchen, Roxanne is an excellent cook. She'd also sometimes cook in a Naked Apron.
- Intergenerational Friendship: Roxanne and Luceria seem to have this, and they get along incredibly well. Technically speaking, the same could also apply to her relationship with Shamsiel, except reversed generation-wise.
- MILF: Everyone, and I mean everyone who sees her, thinks she is this. There's plenty of reasons to think so: Her breasts are huge and she lactates more than any other woman in Lute's harem, she's married to Lute, and she's in right the age range for it. In fact, she's the eldest, aside from Shamsiel (and even that's a technicality) of all the women Lute falls in love with. But to everyone's surprises, she isn't one. Why? Because, despite all the reasons just said, she has never given birth or even been impregnated before. It's explained that she has a special medical condition that causes the swelling and lactating from her breasts, but again... She has never had children, despite flat-out saying that she wants to have them. Lute has said she would make a perfect mother if she ever had children. Time will tell.
- Naked Apron: At one point Roxanne worked in the kitchen wearing nothing but an apron. Lute of course takes the opportunity to have sex with her, teasing Roxanne that she purposely wore it to get him to fondle her, which she insists (unconvincingly) is not true.
- Ready for Lovemaking: Anytime Lute returns from a trip, and he doesn't take her with him. The second he returns, she and the others who were left behind tend to greet him and proclaim their eagerness to get started (and/or, remark about how they won't be allowing Lute to sleep at all that night. It's also the reason she chooses not to wear a bra most of the time.
- You're Drinking Breast Milk: Of all of Lute’s wives, Roxanne lactates the most out of all of them due to having done so since the beginning. She’s also the most easily aroused from having her breasts sucked on.
Luceria Von Diamante (Hende)
Daughter of the previous king of Edelland, she fell in love with and married Lute at the end of the first story as the third queen.
- B 110cm M-cup
- W 58cm
- H 82cm
- A-Cup Angst: Surprisingly, Luceria, despite having such huge knockers, gets worried when she learned that Lute had married Rosalyn and had to ask if his new wife is bigger than herself. He assures her that she's still got the biggest rack, much to her relief.
- Absolute Cleavage: She supposedly has the biggest in the entire continent, if not the known world... though Serebia has now taken that title.
- Accidental Pornomancer: Similar to Lute, she too is actually half-human half-demon. For her, her mother was a Nymph, so her body has properties similar to that of a succubus... Meaning that if any normal man were to try and get intimate with her, they might end up dead, but even she doesn't know this fact about herself.
- Badass Adorable
- Badass Princess: Technically with her marriage to Lute, she's now a "Badass Queen".
- Big Bra to Fill: She has the second biggest rack in the entire continent, if not world. (Here's a funny thought: She isn't even finished growing yet!)
- Insatiable Newlyweds: She married Lute 7 years prior to this story, and she (along with the rest of his wives/lovers in his harem), still can't get enough. To be fair though, in Luceria's case, she is (unknown to her) half-nymph, and thus her libido is likely more intense than a normal human's, and in fact, it is said that it makes her similar to Shamsiel in that respect.
- Intergenerational Friendship: Luceria and Roxanne seem to have this sort of relationship, and they actually DO get along well. The same could also technically apply to Luceria in terms of her relationships with Emeralia (her former teacher) and Shamsiel.
Gladys Von Wackenheim (Hende)
The former leader of a rebel faction in Edelland. She was defeated by Lute in the first game, fell in love with him, and he actually pardoned her as well as made her the High Commander of the kingdom's military as well as officially married as the fourth queen as of the last story.
- B 96cm I-cup
- W 60cm
- H 90cm
- Absolute Cleavage: See her image? Hardly noticeable. Am I right?
- Action Girlfriend: She is renowned as the best knight in the entire continent. Her skills in swordplay and chess are said to be unmatched.
- Heroic BSOD: Gladys unknowingly fought against an amnesiac Lute (who went by the name Mask), then later infiltrates the castle where he was staying. Once she saw his face, Gladys was shocked and tried to get Lute to remember her, but failed.
- The Ladette: In spite of Gladys's sexy body and Stripperiffic outfit, Shamsiel teases her by referring to her as a "manly woman". Gladys is not amused.
- Undying Loyalty: To Lute of course. Woe be to anyone who tries to harm him. She also doesn't like it when people speak ill of Lute in front of her, even if it was an old friend of her father, such as Count Roche, if you trash-talk Lute, you aren't worth her time.
Prime Minister Emeralia
The Estranged-Daughter of the previous Prime Minister, she had been forced to do all sorts of horrible things under his orders, but Lute helped her free herself from his control, and Lute pardoned her. He also made her the new Prime Minister of Edelland, which she is doing quite well as.
- B 96cm I-cup
- W 60cm
- H 90cm
- Absolute Cleavage: See her image? X marks the spot!
- Cool Big Sis: She and Shamsiel bond quite a bit in the first half of the story. Both of them appreciate what they do for one another.
- Covert Pervert: In the sense that she is more reserved than most of the others. That said, once she gets started she goes all out! Perhaps a better way to say it is that during a few times when she and Lute are getting intimate, he notices that she seemingly wasn't wearing any panties under her dress or that she had taken them off before he even realized it.
- Danger Deadpan: She does on occasion show fear on her face, but it's more out of surprise than actual fear, since she has deep faith and trust in those around her, and for this very reason she manages to keep calm in most situations.
- Dangerously Genre Savvy: It goes without saying that she's one of the smartest/wisest people in the series, and there are plenty of examples of this.
- Only Sane Woman: One of the few female cast members who can keep her libido under control the best.
- Making Love in All the Wrong Places: She and Lute make love on a field in broad daylight.
Isis Petrovna Elenskaya (Hende)
She was Lute's classmate during his time at the Royal Knight's Academy. She was the second highest scoring graduate of the class and the top female graduate to ever come from the Academy. She fell in love with Lute during the events of the last story and by this story's events, she has become a member of Lute's harem of wives/lovers.
- B 99cm J-cup
- W 61cm
- H 95cm
Voiced by: Alice Sakurai (JP)
- Absolute Cleavage: You betcha!
- Action Girlfriend: She's the top female graduate from the Royal Academy. Apart from Gladys, she's the top female swordswoman in the kingdom.
- Cannot Spit It Out: She loves Lute with all her heart, but in the course of this story, she never tries to assert herself to seek more of his attention like the others in his harem do. Instead, she shrinks off to the sidelines. That said, she will glare daggers if any of the other girls try to get Lute to say "I love you" in front of her or the rest of them.
- Inverted at one point. She and Lute were having a private night of love-making alone, and amidst their activities, Isis finally opens up and tells Lute that she truly loves him. A feeling which he accepts and reciprocates toward her.
- Cleavage Window: Her outfit has them practically overflowing from it.
- Just Like Heaven: How she feels when making love to Lute.
- Lovable Sex Maniac: All of those in Lute's harem kind of are this to varied degrees, especially since the events of the first game.
- Relationship Upgrade: Isis finally becomes a wife for Lute by the end.
A court magician for the Kingdom of Lingobard is now employed as one for Edelland as well as Lute’s personal “milk maid”.
- B 98cm H-cup
- W 58cm
- H 88cm
- Absolute Cleavage: Positively absolute!
- Because You Were Nice to Me: Like pretty much every girl before her, she starts to fall for Lute for this reason.
- Belly Dancer: Her outfit kind of reminds one of this.
- Crazy Enough to Work: Nellis managed to pinpoint where Lute is located and discovered he had suffered from amnesia due to the Cursed Mask. When asked by Roxanne and Luceria how to restore his memories, Nellis suggests that getting a titfuck from the First Queen will do the trick, much to their annoyance. it actually worked.
- You're Drinking Breast Milk: Nellis continues to serve as Lute's milk maid, eagerly awaiting the next time Lute will suck on her breasts.
The Queen of Fronce, a kingdom that borders Lingobard, and was once the major power in the continent. Supposedly, her body and especially breasts are considered "Fronce's greatest treasure".
- B 107CM L-cup
- W 63cm
- H 91cm
- Absolute Cleavage: And how! Her breasts are said by some to be a National Treasure of Fronce.
- Badass in Charge: Some of what she says and does almost reminds one of Lute in terms of how wise she is and willing to take charge and do things personally. Aphrodia also makes sure to keep a tight leash on her scheming nephew.
- Damsel in Distress: When Prince Legrand attempted to imprison her, Lute, Shamsiel, and Gladys into a magic urn for eternity. Fortunately, it backfired due to Lute being immune to it.
- Expy: She used to be a composite of both Louis XIV and Louis XV, but this game makes her almost exclusively one of Louis XV, specifically from late in his reign when he wound up overextending France due to wars and domestic turmoil, though Aphrodia's situation resolves in a much better way.
- Wacky Marriage Proposal: After escaping the magic urn, Aphrodia finally proposes to Lute, who accepts.
- Wise Beyond Her Years: Though the previous king was considered very laid-back, she is considered far more active and clever, even by Cuvier, hence he feels she is a valuable/worthy person to rule Fronce. Also, she once states that she personally doesn't see herself as wise, but this seems to have just been her being modest because she definitely demonstrates wisdom on a number of occasions.
The Princess of Hillsland who is also a pirate, a mermaid, and the best friend of Estoria.
- B 97cm I-cup
- W 59cm
- H 91cm
- A-Cup Angst: Though she’s rather busty herself, Rosalyn felt overwhelmed when she visits Edelland for the first time and meets her fellow co-wives. Rosalyn felt inadequate in comparison to the rest of Lute’s harem and wondered if she was worthy to be with him.
- Absolute Cleavage: In three different flavors! Rosalyn’s forms as a pirate, princess, or mermaid have her cleavage on full display.
- Action Girl: Moonlights as a pirate captain to take down enemy ships sailing her country's waters.
- Armor-Piercing Slap: Rosalyn angrily slaps Langston after he continues to unjustly blame Lute/Mask for the potential war between Hillsland and Fronce, never mind that Legrand was the one who instigated it with his petty lies, Lute/Mask had been locked in a cell the whole time because of said lies, and Langston himself didn’t do anything about it when he could have.
- Later, Rosalyn accidentally tail-slaps Estoria in anger at her continued badmouthing of Lute, which knocks the Nordland princess out. Although it did have an affect as it also unintentionally broke off a mind-controlling pendant from Estoria .
- Berserk Button: Rosalyn does not take well to anyone badmouthing Mask/Lute, even her best friend Estoria was not spared from this. When she and Lute visit Nordland to explain that Lute didn't send a messenger asking for Estoria's hand in marriage, she calls him a liar and goes on a tirade saying how worthless she believes Lute is. Rosalyn then angrily declares their friendship over and will refuse to have any relation with her and her country in retaliation, which shocks Estoria.
- Cute Monster Girl: She’s a cute princess who is also a mermaid.
- Expy: A semi-loose one of Queen Elizabeth I. Her being a mermaid yet not all that competent in naval combat reflects the poor naval warfare of Elizabeth in real life, the name Rosalyn is a reference to the rose emblem of the House of Tudor, which Elizabeth was descended from courtesy of her father Henry VIII, and her being unmarried prior to the story is a reference to Elizabeth being known as the "Virgin Queen". Her character design is also an anime take on the real Elizabeth's appearance as a young woman.
- Interspecies Romance: Like Shamsiel who is a succubus, Rosalyn is a mermaid who falls for Lute.
- Love At First Sight: Rosalyn fell for "Mask" despite never seeing his face.
- Princess Pirate Mermaid: Later switches out the first one for Queen.
- Our Mermaids Are Different: Rosalyn is a mermaid who can also switch between that and human form at will.
- Tempting Fate: Rosalyn once mentioned she wished she could have a king like Lute for a husband from all the feats she heard of him, not realizing Mask, the one she fell for and married, was actually an amnesiac Lute.
The Princess of Nordland and the best friend of Rosalyn.
- B 104cm K-cup
- W 60cm
- H 92cm
- Absolute Cleavage: Her rack is her pride, and it shows.
- Alpha Bitch: Starts off hating Lute without knowing a thing about him, writing him off as a womanizing pervert.
- Break The Haughty: Estoria is arrogant, but after her country gets in danger of being invaded, her snooty attitude fell through especially after being forced to lead after the death of her father the king. She also feared Lute would leave her and her country to their fate after the way she treated him.
- Faux Action Girl: Despite her impressive battle outfit, Estoria really has no experience in leading a war, which leads her to panic.
- Horrible Judge of Character: Assumed Lute was a worthless plain-looking pervert who lives off of Hagel I's legacy just by his appearance and what she heard from his detractors. Estoria seemed to favor Legrand solely for being a handsome prince from a powerful country, not realizing he's actually a selfish opportunistic braggart with no real feats to his name.
- Humble Pie: Estoria had always thought lowly of Lute, despite never actually knowing him, simply writing him off as a worthless pervert who doesn't deserve his status as king. After Lute saves her kingdom from invasion, Estoria was forced to re-evaluate her views of him, making her realize she had been hating and demeaning Lute for no real reason. She began to think she doesn't deserve Lute's forgiveness. Fortunately, he's not one to hold petty grudges.
- Know-Nothing Know-It-All: Estoria acts like she knows everything she needs to about Lute, thereby labeling him as a worthless perverted king who doesn’t deserve his title. The truth is she doesn’t know a thing about him and doesn’t attempt to since she’s convinced she knows what’s needed.
- So Beautiful It's a Curse: Aside from Queen Aphrodia, Estoria is also well known throughout the continent as being one of the most beautiful women ever. She had been proposed to by countless would-be suitors, just to reject them all.
The Queen of Iberia and wife to Emperador.
- B 120cm N-cup
- W 63cm
- H 95cm
- Absolute Cleavage: Considering Serebria’s huge size, it’s practically spilling out!
- Ambiguously Brown: She is tanned-skinned with light purple hair.
- Badass Princess: Badass queen. Serebria is also the commander of Iberia's naval fleet.
- Because Destiny Says So: Serebria lived off of a prophecy told to her by her younger sister that she must first marry a human monarch, then her true love, the King of the Hallowed Demons, will come and make her his. Of course, it is Lute.
- Belly Dancer: Serebria dresses up like one.
- Big Bra to Fill: Officially has the biggest bust in the series, topping off even Luceria by ten centimeters!
- Detached Sleeves
- High Heel Face Turn: Serebria defects to Lute’s side once she confirms he is actually the King of the Hallowed Demons.
- I Gave My Word: When Serebria captured Rosalyn’s ship (which was quickly escorted off before the capture), she had the crew dead to rights. Lute/Mask, who was the acting captain, proposed settling things with a coin toss. If he beats her and her crew members in coin tossing, they leave peacefully (and gets to dance with Serebria, but will die if he loses even once. Serebria humors Lute/Mask and takes him on. He beats all the crew members, and Serebria honors the bet to leave them. Before that, she dances with him as part of his win.
- Last of Her Kind: Serebria is the last undine left in the world.
- Only Sane Woman: Tries, in vain, to point out to her side that they should quit biting off more than they can chew. She gets ignored.
- Our Mermaids Are Different: Serebria is an Undine, which would explain why she’s her kingdom’s naval commander. Oddly enough, she hasn’t shown any aquatic form to speak of.
- Reasonable Authority Figure: Though Serebria is the queen of Iberia, she tries to do what she thought was best for her country, unlike her husband, Emperador II, who takes extremely questionable methods. She angrily calls him out on ordering the assassination of Prime Minister Zeitzen of Nordland, saying since he's a prime supporter of Edelland, all suspicions of his death will be pointed at Iberia. She was proven right and that the act was not only useless to Iberia’s cause, but rather it was harmful. She even takes action at the end as the last royal in charge of Iberia, to declare peace to spare her people further bloodshed.
- Royals Who Actually Do Something: Serebria is the queen of Iberia and a renowned naval commander since she is also an undine.
The General of Edelland's military. Youngest of the "3 Old Bastards" as Bernstein called him, Zant and Schlamm. Of the 3, he is also the most skilled in direct combat, he had been trained in martial arts and has never lost a fist fight or unarmed duel, on top that, he is also a brilliant strategist, and was second only to Wackenheim in terms of being a prolific general.
Voiced by: Yukimitsu Koshi (JP)
- Good Parents: Motaire now being his son-in-law, he's obviously been a good influence on him, as what few shreds of Motaire's former nasty side have been further beveled off.
- Papa Wolf: Apparently, after Aristera and Droit left him, Motaire started seeing Felzen's niece. As you can imagine, Felzen isn't exactly thrilled about this given Motaire's previous reputation.
- Talk to the Fist: When Legrand is punched out by Motaire after his botched attempt to kill Lute, Shamsiel, Gladys, and Aphrodia, the arrogant prince gets angry that “a mere merchant’s son” would dare lay a hand on himself. Felzen cuts him off by punching him out, warning not to insult his son-in-law.
A General of Edelland's military and Prefect of Bustenhalter. He formerly used to ridicule Lute back when he was in the Royal Knight's Academy, but since the events of the first game, he now pledges his full allegiance to him.
A General of Edelland's military and Adjutant of the Royal Guards of Edelland. He was also from the first class of graduates to come from the Royal Knight's academy.
Motaire De Platine
Former classmate of Lute's from the Royal Knight's Academy. His father's name is Sexiere De Platine (you read right, that's his real name), and his family invented the bra in their world. These days, he's captain of the Royal Knights and is one of Lute's personal bodyguards (though not in the same way as Isis, his ex-fiance).
- Berserk Button: When visiting Nordland as a messenger, Motaire gets annoyed at Estoria's judgmental criticisms of Lute despite not even meeting him yet. It also reminded him how she's acting like his past self.
- Big Damn Heroes: When Legrand tried escaping after his failed assassination attempt of Lute, Aphrodia, Shamsiel, and Gladys, he gets cut off from any exit. In one last ditch effort to at least kill Aphrodia, Motaire punches Legrand out.
- Happily Married: Motaire is now married to Felzen's niece, whom we don't get to see.
- Not So Different: With Estoria after an invasion of Nordland was becoming imminent, Motaire tells her that Lute will help. She asks him how he can be so certain why Lute would even help her after she had treated him badly in the past. Motaire mentioned that like her, he had also been dismissive to Lute in the beginning, but after becoming king, he kept Motaire around as the new commander of the kings guard when he could’ve had him relegated to Boan for all the grief he caused. If Lute hadn’t given up on Motaire, then what are the chances he’d do the same to Estoria?
- Took a Level in Kindness: Thanks to Character Development, Motaire became more humble after marrying Felzen's niece, no shred of his former arrogance and skirt-chasing ways present. The past Motaire would've lusted after Estoria upon first meeting, but was immediately turned off by her dismissive and condescending attitude towards him, his country, and his liege. Motaire even muttered how his wife's personality is hundreds of times better than Estoria's.
Sexiere De Platine
Father of Motaire and top merchant of Edelland.
- Guile Hero: The few times he's seen he acts as a messenger and diplomat between different parties on behalf of Edelland, and is trusted enough to do the job right he gets his marching orders straight from the top.
- Seen It All: The reason he displays not a whit of perverse behavior. He did invent the brassiere, and as a result he's practically unfazed by the sight of any woman's cleavage.
Kingdom of Lingobard
Prince Argent De Bonn
Prince Bobon's cousin, and heir in line for the throne of Lingobard.
- Break The Haughty: Had it happen to him since the last game. He finally has accepted his place on the pecking order and is much less of a Handsome Lech Jerkass.
Kingdom of Fronce
The Prime Minister of Fronce. He was good friends with Gladys' father, and had known Gladys herself, since she was a child. He hopes to someday introduce the Knighted Bureaucracy system in Fronce.
- Reasonable Authority Figure: Continuing off the last game he was in, where he was already fairly rational, he's a moderating influence who tries to stay on Edelland's good side.
The top general of Fronce
- Break The Haughty: After getting his ass handed to him more than once and getting his life saved by the very people he opposed, he becomes much more likable.
- Bald of Awesome: A bald general who is competent in his job.
- Running Gag: Every game in this series has at least one guy who's name is horribly mispronounced into something insulting. He fills that role here.
Prince Legrand de Chataigne
Prince of Fronce and nephew of Queen Aphrodia who plots to rule the country.
- Asshole Victim: Legrand selfishly tried to kill Aphrodia, his own aunt, so he could take the throne of Fronce himself. At the same time, he also tried to kill Lute, Shamsiel, and Gladys out of jealousy (Lute) and petty spite (Shamsiel and Gladys). When that backfired horribly, all Legrand did was expose his treachery, causing him to pathetically beg forgiveness. He’s sent to the guillotine for his plot.
- Blatant Lies: Legrand casually accuses Lute/Mask of being an Iberian spy with no proof other than his questionable word, mostly doing it out of spite for losing the jousting match to him.
- Casanova Wannabe: Thinks himself as the greatest gift to all women, but is really shallow and selfish.
- Conspiracy Theorist: Seems to believe Lute is purposely trying to meddle in his love affairs and getting in his way. Lute doesn't really seem to even notice Legrand as all he was doing was helping his allies and ladies out.
- Evil Is Petty: Though he thought Shamsiel and Gladys were attractive, Legrand plotted to murder them just because Gladys called out what a horrible person he is for causing those wars out of pettiness, and Shamsiel for humiliating him and defaming his status as a self-proclaimed ladies’ man. He also hated how they helped in repelling Ostacia from invading Nordland, and thus "stealing his thunder".
- Expy: Of the past versions of Motaire and Argent, but Legrand is way worse, like a lesser Bobon. Unlike those two, he does not undergo a Heel Realization as his crimes of trying to kill Lute and his own aunt were unforgivable, not to mention how he started wars out of pettiness and just to show off where many innocent people were killed unjustly. Like Bobon, Legrand was given the death sentence.
- While the circumstances are completely different and done by a non-relation, Louis XV (who Aphrodia is an Expy of) was also the target of an IRL assassination attempt.
- Handsome Lech: Legrand may be a pretty boy, but he's also an entitled pervert who thinks all the named ladies in the series should belong to him. He tried to flirt with Emeralia, who only responded coldly to him, then asked for Lute to give him Isis as an escort. Legrand also tried to sneak peeks at Luceria and Roxanne under the pretense of "apologizing to them". When he gets blown off by Shamsiel and Gladys, he decides that was an offense worthy of death. Legrand can't seem to grasp that Lute's harem are only interested in Lute and Lute alone.
- It's All About Me: Legrand doesn't care about anyone but himself, even when his actions practically started wars. He was even secretly hoping Nordland would get invaded just to have a chance to show off to Estoria, not caring that many innocent people would be killed if that happens.
- Jerkass: He’s a selfish prick who thinks the world should revolve around him, not caring how other people will be affected by his careless actions. Legrand also mentioned that he plotted to have his way with Rosalyn and Estoria, then toss them aside once he feels bored with them. Prick...
- Royal Brat: He believes his status as a prince automatically entitles him to everything.
- Small Name, Big Ego: Legrand lets the status of prince go to his head and thought to increase his standing by challenging Felzen in a jousting match. He loses miserably. He also overestimates his own abilities, believing himself to be all Estoria needs to protect Nordland from invasion (which was just to get in her pants). When Lute arrives and halts the invasion, Legrand gets angry about Lute “stealing his thunder”, saying he was not needed.
- Smug Snake: He's basically Prince Bobon and Argent but with even less intelligence, allies or resources, yet he still tries to punch above his weight class in Evil Plans.
- Villains Want Mercy: After his attempted assassinations of Lute, Shamsiel, Gladys, and Aphrodia failed spectacularly, Legrand pathetically begged for forgiveness once he gets cornered. He’s sent to the guillotine.
One of Motaire's former groupies. After they left him, they went back to Fronce, and even became personal maids to Queen Aphrodia.
One of Motaire's former groupie. After they left him, they went back to Fronce, and even became personal maids to Queen Aphrodia.
Kingdom of Hillsland
King Gawain II
The king of Hillsland and father of Rosalyn.
- Expy: Strangely, despite his daughter being an Elizabeth I stand-in, he's more a fictional Arthur Tudor, not Henry, who was Elizabeth's father IRL. Like Arthur, Gawain dies of an illness that causes Rosalyn to assume royal authority long before she was deemed needed much like Henry took over for his brother Arthur despite not originally being in line for the English throne.
- Horrible Judge of Character: Gawain stupidly believes Legrand's lies about Lute/Mask being an Iberian spy, taking his word over the words of his own daughter and prime minister.
- We Hardly Knew Ye: He gets very little screentime before he dies, most of it knowing he's not long for the world.
The prime minister of Hillsland.
- Expy: Of Sir Francis Walshingham, Queen Elizabeth I's right-hand adviser on espionage and foreign affairs. Like his IRL counterpart, Langston has tunnel vision concerning the good of his country, but also the good sense to pragmatically accept when his ideas for the betterment of Hillsland are less effective than that of others and is willing to work to support those others if it's to his country's benefit.
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: Langston was initially antagonistic towards Mask/Lute, but he did have Hillsland's better interests in mind.
- Jerkass Realization: After Gawain II dies and Rosalyn is forced to ascend the throne, Langston gives up any hope of Hillsland winning the war against Fronce and even mocks Mask/Lute's declaration that he'll do something about it. When Mask/Lute actually triumphs against Fronce, Langston was greatly shocked, making him realize he had been wrong about Mask/Lute. Unlike Cuvier in the previous game, Langston was thankful to Mask/Lute for saving Hillsland that he even suggested to Rosalyn to marry him.
- Reassignment Backfire: Shoved Mask/Lute into Estoria's breasts and used it as an excuse to have him assigned ship duty immediately to keep him out of the castle and away from Rosalyn so there wouldn't be any interference with the Iberian peace talks. Mask/Lute winds up capturing a Fronch ship and exposing their piracy plot.
A prefect of Hillsland.
- Berserk Button Getting his name wrong. He wanted to execute Lute/Mask on the spot just for that.
- Running Gag Like his relative One Coin- er, Wan Coan, Wan Patan would be misnamed with One Pattern.
Kingdom of Nordland
The prime minister of Nordland and confidant of Estoria.
- Reasonable Authority Figure Unlike most of the other prime ministers in the series, Zeitzen is actually kind and polite to others. He also tries to set Estoria straight when she was being unjustly judgmental to Lute for no reason and making her eat crow when she had been proven wrong about her unfounded assumptions.
Kingdom of Iberia
The arrogant king of Iberia and Serebria's husband who wishes to rule the entire continent.
- Expy: A loose one of Phillip II. Both engage in expansionist campaigns against England (or a fictional counterpart), both have close ties to their patron religion and some degree of influence over it, and both bit off more than they could chew militarily, only the IRL version was less bad off in the long run.
- Fantastic Racism: Subverted. Yes, he may be a megalomaniac who believes he should own the world. But if you're his loyal servants who can help him then he'll treat you with equal respect regardless of your race or your look.
- Several years before the story, when even Edelland was still genociding daemons with their anti-demon law, Emperador welcomed daemons with open arms, who in turn helped Emperador tremendously during his Reconquista. Later on, you can see Emperador cheers up and rewards daemonic soldiers with equal respect as human soldiers.
- When the entire Eurodia (including Lute!) discriminate Immortal squad as some incarnation of evil simply because of who they are, Emperador is able to see past their horrific appearance and recognize their value. He welcomes them into his army without letting their looks and their species cloud his judgment. Indeed, the Immortal squad proves they can perform just as well, even better than other armies in the world as they successfully decimate the enemy but never harm any ally soldiers.
- Large Ham: Is always bragging about how great he believes himself to be if Emperador's sprite pose is anything to go by.
- Literally Shattered Lives: At the end of the True Route, Emperador, in a final bid to kill Lute, uses Medusa’s head to petrify him. It doesn’t work and Lute takes up the head, thinking it must have run out of power. To prove it, he has Emperador look at the head, which petrified him. Lute breaks him with his sword.
- It's All About Me: Believes himself to be the one true ruler of the continent and is not above using force to enforce his belief.
- Royals Who Actually Do Something: Led a Reconquista to reclaim Iberian's homeland from Sultanate and rescued Serebria & her sister from Sultanate soldiers who tried to kidnap them, colonizes the New World and turn Iberia into one of the strongest and richest kingdoms in Eurodia, goes to the front line and cheer up his soldiers, even personally leads the final assault against Lute's army camp.
- Royal We: Like Aphrodia, he also addresses himself as this since he's the king, and thus he is Iberia itself.
- Well-Intentioned Extremist: The reason why he's so obsessed with controlling Hillsland & Nordland, other than him wanting to rule the entire Eurodia, is because if both kingdoms are allowed to develop their maritime activities, eventually Iberia's naval supremacy will be challenged and Iberia's lucrative trade with the New World will be nibbled away, causing the slow decline of his great empire.
Emperador's prime minister and court magician.
- The Corrupter When visiting Lingobard, Historias attempted to manipulate Argent into going against Lute but failed. General Schlamm warns him not to try again.
- Poisonous Friend: His liege is already not the wisest or morally upright of people, but Historias only eggs his darker qualities onwards.
Church of Holy Rood
The organization in general is basically their world's equivalent of the Catholic Church.
- Fire and Brimstone Hell: Or as Saint Reaper calls it the "Valley of Hinnom".
- Saintly Church: Clearly the Catholic Church of their world.
- Corrupt Church: A few of the Cardinals believe they should hold the highest authoritative power. Catholicis wants to restore power of the papacy to rein over Eurodia as well as reinstate the anti-demon law.
- Ye Olde Butcherede Englishe: They all talk like this.
- You All Look Familiar: Aside from the colors of their outfits (and maybe some slight skin tone variations), all of the cardinals look exactly the same regardless of age or nationality/race.
The Chairman of the Council of Cardinals of the Church of Holy Rood.
- Big Good: He's a fair man and the head of the Council of Cardinals. He was one of the ones who had no problem with Lute marrying Shamsiel from the beginning. In fact, even before/without having met Shamsiel or Lute in person, he still refers to Shamsiel as just that: a person. Not a "devil" like some of the other Cardinals had.
- Cool Old Guy: When he meets Lute and Shamsiel in person, even when they make jokes and talk somewhat crudely, he doesn't get upset or insulted and actually finds them amusing.
- Properly Paranoid: After the debacle involving the corruption of the church due to certain cardinals, Agatha is rightfully worried about who will succeed his position. Ideally, he would rather have Fango succeed him.
- Reasonable Authority Figure: One of the few of his colleagues who actually is one consistently.
- Saintly Church: He at least tries to live up to this standard, and isn't arrogant enough to think himself without flaw.
- You All Look Familiar: Aside from the colors of his outfit being the fanciest and his skin being slightly paler than the rest, all of the cardinals look exactly the same as him.
One of the Council of Cardinals of the Church of Holy Rood sent to evaluate Lute and Shamsiel's qualifications as queen. He's actually FOR Shamsiel and Lute's marriage.
- Actually Pretty Funny: Some of the jokes Lute and the others make even get him to snicker once or twice.
- Big Good: He's actually a fair man and supports Lute and Shamsiel's marriage from the start.
- Cool Old Guy: He is one of the cardinals who from the start had no problem with Shamsiel, a succubus, marrying Lute.
- Dirty Old Man: In a sense. When Shamsiel puts on her queenly white dress, Lute noticed that both Cardinals were enchanted by her elegance and beauty.
- Reasonable Authority Figure: He was sent with Canossa to evaluate Shamsiel because he is this. Agatha even favors Fango of one day succeeding him since he is one of the few actually reasonable cardinals.
- Saintly Church: He seems closer to this than Canossa, Nigolinov or Cathoilicis will ever be.
- You All Look Familiar: Aside from the colors of his outfit being mainly green, all of the cardinals look exactly the same as him.
One of the Council of Cardinals of the Church of Holy Rood who sides with Catholicis I in his takeover of the Church of Holy Rood.
- Ass in a Lion Skin He's a Cardinal of the Church of Holy Rood, but he's also a colossal Jerk Ass.
- Asshole Victim Canossa and Catholicis get imprisoned in the Hillsland dungeon when their scheme to trap Lute, Aphrodia, Isis, and Emperador to meet death with a Gorgon fail. They're given life imprisonment
- Berserk Button He's not fond of having his insults thrown right back in his face. He can dish it, but he can't take it.
- The Bus Came Back In the Peace Route, Canossa was revealed to have been kicked out of the clergy but gets reinstated after Catholicis took over.
- Corrupt Church He took orders from Cardinal Catholicis to plant the Mask of Amnesia for Lute to find and unwittingly use.
- Revenge Before Reason Despite just getting off on a slight punishment when he could've received more severe consequences for his actions back in the previous title, Canossa is shown to harbor a grudge against Lute and Shamsiel that he took the chance to ruin them once Catholicis presented him the opportunity.
- You All Look Familiar Aside from the colors of his outfit being shades of black, all of the cardinals look exactly the same as him.
One of the Council of Cardinals of the Church of Holy Rood who plots to rule the Church of Holy Rood and restore its power.
- Asshole Victim In the Peace Route, Canossa and Catholicis get imprisoned in the Hillsland dungeon when their scheme to trap Lute, Aphrodia, Isis, Historias, and Emperador to meet death with a Gorgon fail. They're given life imprisonment.
- In the True Harem Route, Catholicis gets killed by Assassin K by order of Emperador simply as a precaution.
- Ass in a Lion Skin He's a Cardinal of the Church of Holy Rood, but he's also a colossal Jerk Ass, much like Canossa and Niglinov before him.
- Fantastic Racism Thinks Lute’s marriage to Shamsiel, a succubus, is a blasphemy that needs to be eradicated to realize his vision of a perfect world; this means to reinstate the anti-demon law.
- You All Look Familiar Aside from the colors of his outfit being shades of black, all of the cardinals look exactly the same as him.
Aquatic beings who serve as pirate allies for Hillsland.
- Defeat Equals Friendship After Mask/Lute accidentally beat them up in his sleep and witnessing him defeating the Minotaur, they pledge their loyalty to him.
A monster residing in a tower where prisoners on death row get sent to fight for their freedom.
- Cruel and Unusual Death: The Minotaur's method of attack is to devour the desires of his victims which causes their heads to melt.
- Too Spicy for Yog-Sothoth: Lute's desires DON'T STOP. Trying to eat all of his made the first Minotaur explode. When the second Minotaur tries this and nearly meets the same fate, it immediately knows not to try crossing him ever again and pledges loyalty.
A group of assassins that will take pretty much any job for a little cash.
- Butt Monkey: These guys went from being somewhat of a threat in the first story, to being as much of a threat as a plastic bag in this one. You'd have to be really stupid to manage to die by their hands.
- Expy: Their appearance makes them look like humanoid Doms.
- Glowing Eyes of Doom: If the glowing orb in the center of their helmets is their eye that is.
A mysterious masked assassin who is far more dangerous than the ones before him.
- Glowing Eyes of Doom: If the glowing orb in the center of his helmet is his eye that is.
- Back to Kyonyuu Fantasy Gaiden 2
- Which is a direct translation of Gehenna, considered the worst form of Hell in Jewish tradition