Larry Boy and the Little Man of Purpleness
This work existed in electronic form only and no longer can be found anywhere on the Net, including the Wayback Machine. Lacking the original work, we cannot guarantee that the description below is accurate or that the trope list, if any, is anything approaching complete. Be warned that links in the text below may go anywhere, including unrelated sites, malware pits or worse.
If you have an offline copy of this work, please help the All The Tropes community by putting it back up on the Net and updating/adding the link in the text below. Thank you.
— The Mgmt.
Obi-Wan: I just felt a disturbance in the Force.
Larry Boy and the Little Man of Purpleness [dead link] is a Star Wars/Veggie Tales fanfic written by Rogue1-and-a-half. The story follows Larry Boy and other VeggieTales characters as they travel to the Star Wars universe to help teach the heroes of the New Republic a lesson about arrogance.
QWERTY: Pride goeth before a fall and a haughty spirit before destruction.
- Bond Villain Stupidity: Lampshaded and used for comic effect when Air says he will give the heroes a week to come up with a plan to stop him.
- Book Ends: Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan popping in.
- Breaking the Fourth Wall: Happens at the end of the trailer:
Han: Excuse me as I break character here: To the author: About this dialogue, are you on some form of illegal substance?
- In context, however, Han's only breaking the fourth wall in a play they're rehearsing.
- Crack Fic
- Meaningful Name: The little purple man is named Air O. Gantz.
- Never Trust a Trailer: Several lines were altered between the trailer and their appearance in the story (including the line under Breaking the Fourth Wall above).
- New Powers as the Plot Demands: Jedi are suddenly able to travel between alternate universes in order to explain how the VeggieTales crew got there.
- Script Fic
- Self-Deprecation: This ends up being the way to beat Air O. Gantz.
- Sequel Hook: A little blue man appears at the end and gets Larry to brag about himself.
Qui-Gon: I just felt a disturbance in the Force.