Sometimes living in close proximity to an attractive person of the opposite sex can lead to more than just borrowing a cup of sugar. All too often, protagonists will end up falling in love. This can often lead to a minor character having a more significant role, or it could just end up as trouble.
- The long-running Nescafe ads in both Australia and the UK where a man moves into the neighbourhood and is offered a coffee by his pretty neighbour. The Australian version was very sweet and the couple ends up married. The UK versions were a bit steamier.
- In the Sailor Moon fanfic Isekai by Moonlight, the protagonist ends up in the apartment immediately next door to Makoto Kino, resulting in a case of Crash Into Hello in the first scene that leads to First Girl Wins.
- Desperate Housewives. Susan and Mike would be the main example of this one.
- Everwood. Andy and Nina.
- Monica and Chandler from Friends lived across the hall from each other.
- McLeod's Daughters. Tess and Nick. Alex and Claire. Alex and Stevie. Kate and Riley. Taylor and Patrick.
- Neighbours. Enough said.
This page needs more examples. You can help this wiki by adding more entries or expanding current ones.