Tiko, a shy Japanese schoolgirl, receives a book as a gift from her father on her eleventh birthday. When Tiko opens the book, she releases Tickle, a mischievous fairy who was imprisoned inside the book for playing pranks on people. Tickle spends the series living with Tiko (having cast a spell so that the family believes she's Tiko's sister), using her powers to solve everyday problems, and of course playing tricks on people, particularly Tiko's annoying kid sister, Hina.
- Annoying Younger Sibling: Hina
- Butt Monkey: Hina
- Cassandra Truth: Nobody believes Hina when she claims to have seen Tickle using magic.
- Cute Witch: Tickle
- Fish Out of Water: Living in the human world and having a family are both new experiences for Tickle.
- Girlish Pigtails: Tickle
- Hey, It's That Voice!: Tickle is voiced by Rihoko Yoshida, who voiced another Majokko (Megu-chan) four years earlier.
- Mitsuko Horie: Sang the and OP and ED theme songs.
- Magical Incantation: "Maharu Tamara Furanpa" is Tickle's.
- Muggle Best Friend: Tiko
- Muggle Foster Parents: Complete with the "hypnotism of family" subtrope that's common in Magical Girl shows.
- The Prankster: Tickle
- Rich Bitch: Satomi
- Sealed Mischief In A Can: Tickle
- Secret-Chaser: Hina is constantly trying to expose Tickle as a magic-user, but it never works.
- Shrinking Violet: Tiko