Marked is a modern fantasy roleplay started in 2009 and hosted by SMF. It is a world created by Gossamer, centered around a Boarding School for the Marked: Rochester Academy in a fictional town called Whitley.
The city of Whitley is a somewhat fantastical (instead of the normal horror-version) Lovecraft Country town in Northwestern Massachusetts surrounded by thick woods around them. There is a secret town called The Haven inhabited by Half-Breed creatures that vary in amount. The RP is global and the characters are divided into either Human, Marked, Half-Breed, and Daemos factions.
The Marked are the heroes of the story, rare until recently, the Marked are there to fight the Daemos who threaten the world after having invaded once. The Daemos are from a different plane of existence and wish to conquer the Earth. They can have children with humans and those create Half-Breed species, legendary species of our past. Yeah, Our Demons Are Different. Then finally there are Muggles or regular Human Beings, just your every day normal every day human beings.
Mixing all aspects of a global RP, Marked applied examples of Highschool, Gifted, City, and Modern Fantasy RP elements in one large overlying plot and the directions it may go.
- Body Motifs: All of the Marked have strange patterns on their skin, very much resembling tattoos.
- Cast Full of Gay: Or very close to one. Still, it is a very very VERY positive version of the Trope, with many being far from stereotypes and relatively regular people.
- Dream Land: Dreamscape
- Extranormal Institute: Rochester Academy
- Loads and Loads of Characters: Over 100 to date.
- Lovecraft Country: Whitley is one in a more fantasy setting than horror.
- Masquerade: The existence of the Marked, Half-Breed, and Daemos are unknown to the world.
- Invisible to Normals: Glamours mask the Half-Breed & Daemos to the human world despite their inhuman appearances.
- Our Vampires Are Different: In the much more Anne Rice category.
- Apocalypse How: The New Plot, somewhere between a Class 2 and 6.
- Also a very noticeable The End of the World as We Know It
- Another Dimension: Daemos invading from another realm connected by Hell Gate in the form of cracks that link the two realms together
- Hell on Earth: Literal Example.
- Legion of Doom/Our Demons Are Different: The Daemos.
- Secret War: Battles between the Marked, Half-Breed, and Daemos are unknown to the public.