Mean Girls is the most quotable film of the 2000s.
- “So if you’re from Africa, why are you white?” This is an inspiration for the infamous Karen meme, which unlike Karen Smith is more relentless.
- “On Wednesdays, we wear pink.”
- “I can’t go out. (fake cough) I’m sick.”
- “I’m kind of psychic. I have a fifth sense.”
- “It’s like I have ESPN or something. My breasts can always tell when it’s gonna rain. Well, they can tell when it’s raining."
- “It’s 68 degrees and there’s a 30 percent chance that it’s already raining!”
- “You know who’s looking fine tonight? Seth Mosakowski.”
- “I’m a mouse. Duh!”
- “That is so fetch!” Unlike what Regina told her, fetch did happen.
- “Why should Caesar get to stomp around like a giant while the rest of us try not to get smushed under his big feet? What’s so great about Caesar? Brutus is just as cute as Caesar. Brutus is just as smart as Caesar. People totally like Brutus just as much as they like Caesar. And when did it become okay for people to be the boss of everybody, huh? Because that’s not what Rome was about! We should totally just stab Caesar!”
- “You can’t sit with us!”
- "Oh, my God, Karen. You can't just ask people why they're white."
- “Gretchen, stop trying to make fetch happen. It’s not going to happen.”
- “Boo, you whore!”
- "That is the ugliest F-ing skirt I have ever seen."
- "Whatever. I'm getting cheese fries."
- "Let me tell you something about Janis Ian. We were best friends in middle school. I know right, it’s sooo embarrassing. I don’t even… whatever. So then in eighth grade I started going out with my first boyfriend Kyle, who was totally gorgeous but then he moved to Indiana. And Janis was like, weirdly jealous of him. Like if I would blow her off to hang out with Kyle, she’d be like Why didn’t you call me back?! And I’d be like, Uh, why are you so obsessed with me? So then for my birthday party, which was an all girls pool party, I was like, Janis, I can’t invite you because I think you’re a lesbian. I mean, I couldn’t have a lesbian at my party! There were going to be girls there in their bathing suits! I mean right, she was a lesbian! So then her mom called my mom and started yelling at her and it was so retarded and then she dropped out of school because no one would talk to her and she came back in the fall for high school and her hair was all cut off and she was totally weird and now I guess she’s on crack. Oh my God! I love your skirt, where did you get it?"
- “She doesn’t even go here!”
- “Glen Coco? 4 for you, Glen Coco! You go, Glen Coco! And none for Gretchen Wieners, bye!”
- “That’s why her hair is so big, it’s full of secrets.”
- “And I want my pink shirt back!”
- “Oh my God, Danny DeVito! I love your work!”
- “Say crack again.”
- “Hell, no! I did not leave the Southside for this!”
- “Your parents have been eaten by cannibals!” In a deleted scene, Cady imagined Mrs. Norbury to say this but instead said “I’m really disappointed in you, Cady.”
- “I’m not a regular mom, I’m a cool mom.”
- “Damn, Africa. What happened?”
- “Did you have an awesome time? Did you drink awesome shooters and soak up on each other’s awesomeness?”
- “Cady Heron wore army pants and flip flops, so I bought army pants and flip flops.”
- “Laura, I don’t hate you because you’re fat. You’re fat because I hate you.”
- "Too gay to function." This has become a positive motto for the gay community.