Mister T (animation)
"Catch the action! Catch the mystery! On my show! The best show! Mister T!"
In this cartoon, Mr. T is a gymnastics coach who travels the world fighting crime and solving mysteries with his team of young gymnasts. Hilarity Ensues, not really intentionally. Each episode had a live action clip of Mr. T was shown at the beginning of each episode, where he would tell the kids about the situation and one at the end where he would tell the moral lesson that went with it.
The show ran from 1983 to 1986, and had 30 episodes. The Agony Booth is currently working on a full recap of the series.
- And Knowing Is Half the Battle: It actually had Mr. T himself -- filmed in live-action -- giving the lesson. "Take it from me, Mr. T!"
- Badass Boast:
"Yeah, T! As in trials! Tribulations! And trouble! Which is what you gonna get, if you don't find that pass!"
- Bluff the Impostor: With Mr. T and his robot double.
- Catch Phrase: Each character had one. "Take it from me, Mr. T." and of course "I pity the fool!" for Mr T, Ms. Bisby has "Oh my stars and garters!", Robin has "What the hairy heck?" and Jeff has "My eagle eyes even amaze me!"
- Episode Title Card
- Limited Animation
- Mind Control: In "Mystery of the Mind Thieves"
- Not Himself: Kim's dad after being under Mind Control.
- Not Quite Starring: A strange version in which Mr. T actually does appear, and giving An Aesop, too.
- San Francisco
- Scary Black Man: Mr. T
- Self-Restraint: In one episode, Mr. T is arrested for theft; his friends ask why he doesn't just break out and he then proceeds to demonstrate that he could — and quite easily — but he says that he is innocent and therefore has no need to run away.
- Robot Me: Mr. T had one in an episode.
- Rule of Cool: The show runs on it.
- There Was a Door: In an accidentally hilarious way. In one episode a door spontaneously exploded to reveal Mr. T behind it. Supposedly he kicked it down like he always does, but the animation didn't suggest any kicking at all.
- They Call Me Mister Tibbs: "The name is Mr. T! First name is Mister, middle name is that period, last name is T!"
- They Fight Crime: And solve mysteries!